badge, headdress, British, Royal Naval Reserve, Chief Petty Officer
'RNR' above a silver anchor, with wrapped cable, within a double-ringed gold wire circular border. Surmounted by a padded King's crown, with red, gold and green detail, embroidered onto a black, cut-to-shape background.
The Royal Naval Reserve was formed in 1859 from men in the merchant service. It was amalgamated with the Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve, under the title Royal Naval Reserve, in 1958. The uniform was to follow that of the Royal Navy.
This badge was worn by Chief Petty Officers (military branch) Royal Naval Reserve 1914 - 1919; Chief Boatswain Auxiliary Patrol 1914 - 1916.