unusual variant marking on top strap. South African issue. GM No. 62, IWM No. 126 in amnesty records.
1) stamped on left of top strap
2) stamped on left frame
3) stamped on left barrel lug and left frame
4) stamped on underside of frame in front of trigger guard & stamped on underside of barrel rib & stamped on rear of cylinder
1) '18 over crown over GR over crossed pennants over P over broad arrow over crown over 3P over B over crown over 2B over E over MARK "VI"
2) WEBLEY MARK VI PATENTS 1918
3) broad arrow within U, cancelled (South African property mark)