box, 100 cartridges, .297/.230 Morris Aiming Tube, Mark II
box and 100 cartridges
buff cardboard boxes, sealed with sealed with green paper, with buff label printed in black, containing 100 cartridges.
Description: The Morris Tube cartridge was originally approved for service in 1883. It was available with tubes for the Martini-Henry rifle and various .303 rifles. The cartridge was also used in an artillery sub-calibre device. The Morris Tube Ammunition & Safety Range Co. Ltd.failed in 1900, and its assets were purchased by the Morris Aiming Tube & Ammunition Co. Ltd. Most of the latter's ammunition was made by Greenwood & Batley, so this Kynoch-made box is scarce.
1) printed on LABEL
1) 100 // CARTRIDGES // AIMING TUBE // Mark II // MORRIS SMALL ARMS // KYNOCH 1902