Description: Mark VII (7) Ball was originally approved in March 1910. It was loaded with a 160 grain spitzer bullet, but this very soon proved to have inherent accuracy problems. In November 1910, a version with a 174 grain composite spitzer bullet was approved for land and naval service, this approval being extended to air service in May 1919. This bullet was of composite construction, with a two-part core, the upper part being aluminium, the lower of lead/antimony alloy. Bullet jackets were mostly either cupro-nickel or gilding metal, but steel jackets were authorised at various times, as were wartime substitutes for the aluminium in the core. The round was very satisfactory, and remained the standard issue ball load for the remainder of the .303's service. These cartridges were loaded in Egypt to Mark VII specification. The 'Misr' headstamp was used from 1952-1958. At this period, Egypt's production capacity for .303 was insufficient, and .303 ammunition was also imported from Italy.