Ammunition rounds, pistol, brass case with lead coloured bullet.
Description: Approved for service in July 1891 for the Webley and Enfield revolvers. It was loaded with an ogival lead/tin alloy bullet with three cannelures and a base cavity. and a charge of 18 grains of black powder (Rifle Pistol Powder). Manufacture ceased in 1894. It was manufactured by the Royal Laboratory, at Dum Dum and Kirkee in India, and on contract by Eley, Grenfell & Accles, Greenwood & Batley and Kynoch. Eley made only 431,800 rounds, so this is probably a scarce survivor.
Stamped, case base (headstamp); size of lettering differs between the two items