HM Flotilla Leader Scott, with the Light Cruiser Attentive, the Ulleswater and two other destroyers, formed the Outer Patrol at the Zeebrugge Operations on 23rd April 1918. She left Dover early in the evening of the 22nd to patrol the gap in the Belgian Barrage , through which the expedition had to pass. The force reached this position just after 10pm and here the ships stopped for a quarter of an hour, and the superfluous men in the blockships were taken off by five motor boats.
On 15th August 1918, HMS Scott was torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine off the Dutch coast, together with the Ulleswater.
HMS Scott was built by Cammell Laird and launched in 1917.