Gifts presented to 1st Battallion, the Cameronians by the people of Segamat and District when they left Malaya after nearly three years of jungle fighting, Gifts shown (left to right) are:
1. Silver rose bowl for 7-a-side-football.
2. Silver salver for the Warrant Officer's and Sargeants' Mess.
3. Silver salver for the Officers' Mess.
4. Silver cigarette box for the Warrant Officer's and Sargeants' Mess.
5. A silver shield presented to the Battalion by the Police.
This banner and illuminated scroll were presented to the Battalion by the Malaya Chinese Association and the India and Ceylonese community.