Collection: GRAHAM JOHN DAVID CAREW (MAJOR GENERAL) COLLECTION
Hardbacked album of official photographs taken between 1960-1967 in Fontainebleau, France at the HQ of Allied Forces Central Europe during Major John Graham's service as Military Assistant to the (French) Commander in Chief, initially General Maurice Challe (French Air Force) and then upon his retirement General Pierre-Elie Jacquot (French Army).
1. Les Motoras - motorcycle riders of the GHQ French Military Police.
2. Portrait of Major-General Thomas Bell Lindsay Churchill, the Deputy Chief of Staff for OperationsaIntelligence Landcent.
3. Aerial views of Palace and Chateau at Fontainebleau.
4. Group photograph of officers of G-3 Landcent with names provided.
5. Allied officers at the installation ceremony of General Maurice Challe as the C-in-C - Vice Admiral Bos, Air Chief Marshal Harry Broadhurst, General Challe, General Crahay (Belgian Army), General Hans Speidel (German Army).
6. General Challe inspecting troops accompanied by Brigadier J. G. C. Waldron, General Heusinger (Bundeswehr), Harold Watkinson, British Minister of Defence, and Paul Mason, British Ambassador to NATO.
7. Farewell visit of General Guarlano, the Commander of the Allied Land Forces, Southern Europe.
8. General Challe's farewell visit to HQ Central Army Group in Heidelberg, February 1961.
9. Personal Staff Officers of General Challe - General Andre Dulac, Colonel Senges, Captain J. Dicharry, Captain Hubert Jeschke, Robert Allard de Grandmaison, Major W. W. Wildman.
9. Installation of the new C-in-C - General Pierre-Elie Jacquot, 7 March 1961.
10. Visit of Earl Mountbatten of Burma, 13 July 1961.
11. Visit of General Bernabo, the Commander of the Allied Land Forces Southern Europe.
12. Visit of King Baudouin of the Belgians and Queen Fabiola, 24 May 1961.
13. General Jacquot with Vice Admiral van Erkel, General Hans Speidel, Air Chief marshal the Earl of Bandon in the C-in-C's office.
14. Visit of Philip W. Keller of the Armed Services Committee of the US Congress to the C-in-C, 7 September 1961.
15. Visit of a group og British members of Parliament, 27 September 1961.
16. Group photograph of NATO Defence College instructors and students, 28 September 1961.
17. Julian Amery, Secretary of State for Air, inspecting the Guard of Honour (93th Infantry Regiment) during his visit to the CINCENT, 24 November 1961.
18. Officers of the German delegation to HQ AFCENT - von Eichler, Major Miller, Captain Hoffmann, Col. von Gultingen, Lt. Col. Marquandt, Maj. Schneiderorgd, Maj. Schultze, Lt. Col. Brucker, Lt. Col. Zuber, Col. Heel, Lt. Col. Himmer, Brigadier von Roder, Maj. Fransbach, Brig. von Kalckreuth, Gen. Klasing, Lt. col. schonwitz, Col. Koch-Erpach.
19. Portrait of General Hans Speidel.
20. Visit of the Pipes and Drums of the 1st Battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders to SHAPE, 4 December 1961.
21. Visit to GHQ AFCENT of Pierre Messmer, the French Minister of Armed Forces, and the coctail party which followed his visit, 19 December 1961.
22. Visit of Admiral James S. Russell US Navy, the C-in-C of the Allied Forces Southern Europe to CINCENT, 16 January 1962.
23. CINCENT'S conference with his subordinate commanders, 25 January 1962 - the Earl of Bandon, General James Cassel, General Speidel, General Bruce Clarke, Air Marshal John Grandy, General Dulac, Vice Admiral van Erkel, Major-General Marias.
24. Presentation of medals in the Court Henri IV, 1 March 1962.
25. Funeral of Lieutenant Phillipe jacquot, the General's only son, who was killed in action in Oran, Algeria while commanding a company of the French 21st Infantry Regiment. Vrecourt, Vosges, 14 march 1962.
26. Arrival of Air Marshal Maurice L. Heath, 28 March 1962.
27. Visit of General lauris Norstad to GHQ AFCENT of Saceor, 27 April 1962.
28. Donour's farewell party prior to his joining JSSC, 10 May 1962. His replacememt was Lt.-Col. R. A. Readman of the Scots Guards.
29. Series of images of donour's trips to Vedun battlefield, April 1942.
30. Visit to Correze, Lot and Dordogne where General jacquot commanded the French resistance during 1942-1944.
Large size album with large size, original, black and white prints.