Collection of 25 French and British aerial reconnaissance views of Western Front battle areas; 3 panoramas comprising 15 prints of the Ypres Salient; 2 packets of French postcards of destroyed towns in the Somme (during the Battle of the Somme) and Nord departments; a trench map of the British Fourth Army front from 11 March 1917 - towns of Le Transloy, Sailly-Saillisel, Rancourt, Combles.
Locations mentioned - Tr Des Canards, Cortemark Beveren, Vaartkant, Parc de Merckem, Passchendaele, Zonnebeke, Dickebusch Lake, Ypres, late 1917 - early 1918.
1. Panorama no. 118, taken on 9 September 1917 from the post near Pond Farm (C18d, 4 miles north-east from Ypres) including a field of view of 40 degrees from about ESE to SSE.
Locations marked from left to right - Aisne Farm; Block House south of Kier Farm; Battery position Hill 35.
2. Panorama no. 133, taken on 29 May 1918 from I3d 69.23 (trench map sheet 28) including a field of view of 30 degrees from about E to SE, part of Ypres Salient.
Locations marked from left to right - Dragoon Farm; Bellewaarde; Ziel House; Mole Track; Railway Crossing Cambridge Road; Railway Wood; Menin Road; Plumers Drive North; West Farm Camp; Stirling Track; Jackdaw; Sanctuary Wood; Jasper Dugouts; Jackdaw Tunnels; Ticklers Top.
3. Panorama no. 150, taken on 18 July 1918 from B28a 34.05 (trench map sheet 28) including a field of view of 75 degrees from about NE to ESE.
Locations marked from left to right - Roulers-Ypres Road; Brubant; Reigersburg Chateau; Ecole Ypres; Old Sussex Observation Post; Tor Top; Cloth Hall, Ypres; Zillebeke; Mount Sorrel; Klein Zillebeke; Scupper Farm; Hill 60; Crojack Farm; The Bluff; Bobstay Castle; White Chateau; The Stables; Ravine Wood; Goldfish Chateau; Somers Farm; Onraet Farm; Ypres-Vlamertinghe Road; Belgian Chateau; Oostaverne Wood; Topsail Farm; Grand Bois; Bois de Wytschaete; Dickebusch Chateau; Maedelstede Crater.
1. Booklet "Battaile de la Somme".
Locations - Hem; Curlu; Fargny; Maucourt; Lihons; Tilloloy; Marquivilliers; Arvilliers; Dompierre; Cappy.
2. Booklet "Le Nord de la France".
Locations - Lille; Amiens; Arras; La Targette; Neuville-Saint-Vaast; Vermelles; Neuve Chapelle; Albert; Cessier; Popincourt; Zuydcoote; Bergues; Dunkerque.
15 loose black and white aerial prints. Two folded and one rolled black and white panoramas. Two bound booklets of French black and white postcards - 'Le Nord de la France Villes Bombardees - Series 17 - La Guerre Europeenne' and 'Bataille de la Somme - Guerre Europeenne'.