Use this film under Non-Commercial licence.
You can download low-resolution, watermarked files from the IWM website free of charge, for private and non-commercial use under the IWM Non-Commercial Licence.
By downloading or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM IWM 508-85
Accepted Non-commercial Use
Permitted use for these purposes:
- Personal use for non-commercial research and private study and other uses under the UK’s exceptions to copyright and those exceptions to copyright in place where the user is located.
- Use on websites that are primarily information-led, research-oriented and not behind a paywall.
- Use on personal social media accounts, provided the individuals are not promoting themselves commercially.
- Non-Commercial educational use for the purpose of teaching and instruction, including internal training.
- Downloading audio-visual for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Free exhibitions held in venues, which do not charge an entry fee.
Associated people and organisations
- Peyton, William E
- Billiet (M)
- Valenciennes, Mayor of
- Edward, Prince (Duke of Windsor)
- Currie, Arthur William
- British Army, Corps 2
- British Army, Div 40
- British Army, Army 1
- British Army, Corps 8
- French Army
- British Army, Canadian Expeditionary Force, Infantry Works Coy 4
- Canadian Army, Canadian Expeditionary Force, Infantry Works Coy 4
- British Army, Canadian Expeditionary Force
- Canadian Army, Canadian Expeditionary Force
- celebrations, French - liberation
- equipment, British - personal: bagpipes
- demolition, German - denial
- destruction, French military - area: artillery bombardment
- buildings, German - military: cinema
- buildings, French - commercial: railway station & [wrecked]
- casualties, German dead - battlefield
- delegations, British imperial - military
- religion, Christianity - ceremonial, French
- buildings, French - religious: church
- ceremonies, French - event-related: liberation (Durre)