Use this film under Non-Commercial licence.
You can embed media or download low resolution images free of charge for private and non-commercial use under the IWM Non-Commercial Licence.
By downloading or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM IWM 501-12
Accepted Non-commercial Use
Permitted use for these purposes:
- Personal use for non-commercial research and private study and other uses under the UK’s exceptions to copyright and those exceptions to copyright in place where the user is located.
- Use on websites that are primarily information-led, research-oriented and not behind a paywall.
- Use on personal social media accounts, provided the individuals are not promoting themselves commercially.
- Non-Commercial educational use for the purpose of teaching and instruction, including internal training.
- Downloading audio-visual for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Free exhibitions held in venues, which do not charge an entry fee.
- Related period
- First World War (production), First World War (content)
- United States Army General Staff, Historical Branch, War Plans Division (Production sponsor)
US Signal Corps (Production company)
- Production date
- Place made
- United States of America
whole: Number Of Items/reels/tapes 1
- Catalogue number
- IWM 501-12
Associated people and organisations
- Edwards, Clarence R
- Dowell, C M
- United States Army & American Expeditionary Force
- United States Army & Div 26
- United States Army & Div 26 & Field Artillery Regt 101
- United States Army & Div 83 & Field Artillery Regt 323
- United States Army & Div 83 & Field Artillery Regt 322
- United States Army & Veterinary Corps
- United States Army & Tank Center 302
- United States Army & Div 2
- animals, mammals: horse
- animals, mammals: horse & [casualties]
- administration, United States - occupation
- weapons, German - shell: [unexploded]
- prisoners of war, German - custody
- supplies, United States, storage [RA] - misc
- recreation, United States military - theatre: [+]
- buildings, French - religious: church & [wrecked]
- buildings, French - commercial: railway station
- casualties, German dead - battlefield
- ceremonies, French - event-related: arrival in Amiens station (first train)
- refugees, French - return
- defences, German - emplacement: [captured]
- medical, United States military - emergency
- destruction, French military - area: mine
- armour, British - tank: Tank Mark V & [damaged]
- weapons, German - passive: mine (anti-tank)