Use this film under Non-Commercial licence.
You can embed media or download low resolution images free of charge for private and non-commercial use under the IWM Non-Commercial Licence.
By downloading or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM A70 63-3
Accepted Non-commercial Use
Permitted use for these purposes:
- Personal use for non-commercial research and private study and other uses under the UK’s exceptions to copyright and those exceptions to copyright in place where the user is located.
- Use on websites that are primarily information-led, research-oriented and not behind a paywall.
- Use on personal social media accounts, provided the individuals are not promoting themselves commercially.
- Non-Commercial educational use for the purpose of teaching and instruction, including internal training.
- Downloading audio-visual for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Free exhibitions held in venues, which do not charge an entry fee.
- Related period
- Second World War (content)
- Directorate of Public Relations, War Office (Production sponsor)
Army Film and Photographic Unit (Production company)
Alcock, J (Production individual)
- Production date
- Place made
whole: Footage: 331 ft; Running time: 3 mins
- Catalogue number
- A70 63-3
Associated people and organisations
- British Army, Bde, Armoured, 29
- British Army, Bde, Tank, 31
- British Army, Corps 8
- British Army, Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry, 5th Battalion
- British Army, Infantry Div, 43 (Wessex)
- British Army, Div, Armoured, 11
- British Army, Royal Army Service Corps, Coy 505
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Field Regiment 25
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Royal Horse Artillery, 13th Battalion
- British Army, Corps of Royal Military Police
- armour, British - SPG: Sexton
- armour, British - tank: Churchill
- armour, United States - tank: M3 Stuart & [British]
- armour, United States - tank: M4 Sherman & [British]
- casualties, British wounded - battlefield
- combat, British - artillery bombardment
- communications, British military - message: despatch rider
- medical, British military - emergency: mobile operating theatre
- operations, British military - movement: road
- supplies, British, movement [FA] - misc: road
- transport, British military - ambulance: Humber 15-cwt ambulance
- transport, British military - truck
- weapons, British - gun: 25-pounder gun