Use this film under Non-Commercial licence.
You can download low-resolution, watermarked files from the IWM website free of charge, for private and non-commercial use under the IWM Non-Commercial Licence.
By downloading or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM A70 60-2
Accepted Non-commercial Use
Permitted use for these purposes:
- Personal use for non-commercial research and private study and other uses under the UK’s exceptions to copyright and those exceptions to copyright in place where the user is located.
- Use on websites that are primarily information-led, research-oriented and not behind a paywall.
- Use on personal social media accounts, provided the individuals are not promoting themselves commercially.
- Non-Commercial educational use for the purpose of teaching and instruction, including internal training.
- Downloading audio-visual for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Free exhibitions held in venues, which do not charge an entry fee.
- Related period
- Second World War (content)
- Directorate of Public Relations, War Office (Production sponsor)
Army Film and Photographic Unit (Production company)
Harris, L W J (Production individual)
- Production date
- Place made
whole: Footage: 198 ft; Running time: 2 mins
- Catalogue number
- A70 60-2
Associated people and organisations
- Delacombe, R
- Gaisford, George
- Taylor (Major)
- British Army, Bde, Tank, 31
- British Army, Bde, Infantry, 44
- British Army, Royal Tank Regiment, 7th Battalion
- British Army, Royal Scots, 8th Battalion
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Field Regiment 131
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Field Regiment 181, Bty 531
- British Army, Seaforth Highlanders, 7th Battalion
- armour, British - tank: Churchill Mark III
- armour, British - armoured car: Humber scout car
- armour, British - carrier: Loyd
- weapons, British - gun: 25-pounder gun
- transport, British military - truck: Austin K5 truck
- intelligence, military, British - briefing: 'O' group
- operations, British military - movement: march
- combat, British - artillery bombardment
- society, British military - sustenance
- supplies, British, movement [FA] - munitions: high explosive rounds
- buildings, French - historic: Château de Grainville