Government Departments: Ministry of Works- Supply Division- Correspondence with Individual Officers
7 sub-files of correspondence between the Museum and individual officers within the Ministry of Works. Consists of:
1) RD Jardine: Correspondence with RD Jardine regarding blackout curtains for the Museum, signage regarding the closure for the war, loan of showcases, delivery of plan presses, tarpaulins to cover exhibits exposed to air during the war.
2) Mr Morton: Correspondence with Mr Morton regarding collection of documents relating to the Nuremberg trial, film storage, transport of accessions from Science Museum to the Museum, transport objects to and from Crayford store, disposal of wate in the Museum, collection of accessions, transfer of ship models to the Museum from the RUSI, furniture replacements.
3) Mr Reynolds: Correspondence with Mr Reynolds regarding floor coverings for galleries, offer of dummies, suply of shelves.
4) Mr LC Kruger: Correspondence with Mr LC Kruger regarding supply of glass display cases, transport of records from Mass Observation to the Museum, supply of sun blinds, replacement of seats in art galleries, maintenance and supply of bookcases, repolish of table on which naval surrender of 1918 signed, furniture and supplies for Crayford store, collection of exhibit for the Museum, return of ARP equipment, return of evacuated books and photographs.
5) Mr HJ Clark: Correspondence with Mr HJ Clark regarding flag poles for entrance hall, glass to repair damaged display cases, supply of wax to treat metal shelving.
6) Mr K Abbot: Correspondence with Mr K Abbot regarding supply of equipment to move heavy guns, supply of wall cases, supply of curtains for boardroom as a coronation commemoration, supply of plinths for busts, supply of blinds and frames, supply of furniture, arrangements for moving of damaged ship models out of the Museum, watchmen.
7) Miscellaneous Letters: Miscelleanous correspondence with the Ministry of Works regarding possible purchase of cleaning equipment, altering of clocks to summer time, delivery of map presses, supply of trailer pump, replacement of hoses, loan of display cases, removal of redundant ARP equipment.