Government Departments: War Office- Instructional Exhibitions
Five sub-files relating to instructional exhibitions held by the War Office at the Museum and elsewhere. Consists of:
1) War Department Instructional Exhibition in IWM Galleries: Correspondence relating to the arrangement of an exhibiton of captured enemy equipment at the Museum organised by the War Office. Includes return of exhibits to the War Office (with request to keep certain items), damage to Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park while moving exhibits, newspaper cuttings relating to the exhibition, possibility of Museum items being moved out to expand exhibition, security of exhibition, approval for exhibition to be held in Museum.
2) War Department Instructonal Exhibition- Correspondence re damaged pieces displayed in Trafalgar Square: Correspondence regarding damage to eight Museum pieces displayed in Trafalgar Square by the War Office and subsequently damaged.
3) War Department Instructional Exhibition in IWM Galleries- Equipment held on Charge by COD Wheedon: Correspondence relating to an exhibition held in the Museum's galleries by the War Office. Includes return of items in exhibition to war office, list items on loan for exhibition, issue vouchers.
4) War Department Instructional Exhibition in IWM Galleries- Equipment held on charge by COD Donnington: Correspondence and documents relating to exhibits held in the Museum for a War Office exhibition. Includes arrangements for return of exhibits, issue vouchers, list of items on loan, captions for flamethrowers.
5) War Department Instructional Exhibition- Correspondence with CODs Greenford and Donnington re discrepancies on Long Loans: Correspondence with the war office regarding items on long term loan to the Museum, specifically in relation to problems with documentation. Includes lists of items to be returned, correspondence regarding terms of loan of AA Predictor No 3 Mk II.