Government Departments: Ministry of Information (later Central Office of Information)
18 sub-files relating to the Ministry of Information, later the Central Office of Information. Consists of:
1) Mr C Bloxham, Mr Misha Black- Display and Exhibitions Division: Correspondence between the Museum and the Exhibitions Division of the Ministry of Information regarding the production of a possible British contribution to the Exposition de Guerre in Brussels, gift to Museum of dummies and display cases, donation of exhibition sets, receipts for items borrowed by the Museum from the Division, possible loan of Division exhibitions to the Museum, acquisition of models from Division, list of model makers.
2) Mr JM Judd- Controller, Planning and Press Advertising: Correspondence with Central Office of Information regarding: donation of plans, charges for use of official film on television, transfer of films, donation of newspaper proofs to the Museum, donation of advertisements to the Museum.
3) Preservation of Ministry's films in the British Film Vaults at Ashton Clinton: Correspondence regarding the Ministry storing its films in the vaults of the British Film Institute at Ashton Clifton (where the Museum stored film) and the later discontinuing of this.
4) Design of Poster for making IWM Better Known to the Public: Letter to the Ministry of Information seeking advice on how to design and distribute a poster advertisement for the Museum.
5) News Distribution Unit: Correspondence with the News Distribution Unit regarding press releases by the Museum.
6) Mr S Clark- Outdoor Publicity Officer, Posters: Correspondence with the Outdoor Publicity Office regarding the donation of posters to the Museum
7) Films Division: Correspondence with the Films Division of the Ministry of Information regarding their policy regarding use of film, request for certain film, and two programmes of screenings for captured German film
8) The Minister: Correspondence with the Minister of Information regarding transfer of material the Museum, statement of material collection by the Ministry of Information.
9) Untitled: File includes list of prices charged by the Ministry of Information regarding the use and reproduction of its material including photographs, and correspondence and guidance on crown copyright.
10) Captain BS Townroe- Press and Censorship Bureau: Correspondence with the news division regarding the donation of press releases and photographs issued through the division.
11) Mr WGV Vaughan- General Production: Correspondence with the General Production Division regarding the donation of Pamphlets and other material created by the Ministry to the Museum.
12) WC Chesterman: Letter to Mr Chesterman requesting Ministry of Information material for the Museum, his reply saying he has left the Ministry.
13) Government Information Services: Booklet on the Central Information Office produced in 1946
14) Sir Muirhead Bone: Correspondence with Sir Muirhead Bone regarding the Ministry of Information committee
15) Ivor Lambe: Correspondence regarding loan and return of display case containing propaganda items to the Ministry.
16) EJ Embleton- Institute of Education- Studio Manager: Letter from studio manager of Institute of Education regarding arrangements to view posters in the Museum's collection
17) Microfilms: Correspondence with Ministry of Information regarding possibility of acquiring microfilms of foreign newspapers.
18) Mr EHT Wiltshire: Correspondence regarding the possibility of acquiring foreign war posters collected by the Ministry.