7 sub-folders containing information on exhibits in the RAF section display at Crystal Palace. Comprises of:
1) Exhibits on Loan to IWM: Correspondence regarding loans to RAF section for display. Includes a list of exhibits held on loan, with receipt vouchers numbers. Also correspondence regarding the RAF memorial fund and loans to Scottish National War Memorial. Lists of exhibits used for Scottish War Memorial, with catalogue numbers.
2) Exhibits loaned to Institutions etc. by IWM for Exhibition: Correspondence regarding RAF exhibits loaned to other places. Includes list of items for Scottish War Memorial and Mobile exhibition. Other exihbitions items loaned to include Great Naval Week, and a proposed exhibition of War trophies in Hyde Park.
3) Exhibit Caption Enquiries:Enquiries and correspondence regarding the captions for exhibits in RAF exhibition Includes newspaper cutting on a number of exhibits. and a copy of an excerpt of a diary by mechanic Garside. Many references to actions of particular individuals in combat. Extracts of dispatch of General Allenby. Discussions of V.C.'s awarded to Ball and Mottershead. Exhibit certificates. Copy of His Majesty's reply to the Address of the Chairman of the Imperial War Museum, 1920.
4) Miscellaneous Exhibits (inc. escape material enemy equipment): Includes a list of escapers, list of required German aeroplane parts, list of items seized by RAF, list entitled 'Miscellaneous' with catalogue numbers F.750-F.780, letters offering items to museum or requesting items for the museum, many connected with escapes
5) Aeronautical and Meterological Instruments for Exhibit: Includes an instrument report of aeronautical instruments, which lists each in turn, including its year and exhibit number. List of instruments, catalogue nos. F.71-F.374. Also lists of instruments still required. Correspondence regarding acquisition of instruments.
6) Medical Equipment Exhibits: Correspondence regarding acquisition of medical equipment for RAF section.
7) WRAF exhibits: Includes list of exhibits received, no catalogue numbers. Correspondence regarding acquisition of exhibits for WRAF section.