Flags: Cenotaph- Already Presented to Various Organisations and Individuals
21 sub-files of correspondence relating to the distribution of the flags flown on Remembrance Day at the Cenotaph in London. Consists of:
1) Various Organisations: Correspondence from organisations requesting flags, offers from the Museum to grant flags. Also a request regarding design of ships.
2) The Gordon Boys' School, Surrey: Request for flags in addition to a flag already received. Letter agreeing to this and acknowledgment of receipt.
3) The Royal Naval Association- Southend and District Branch: Request for Union Jack and White Ensign, correspondence regarding this, newspaper cutting on ceremony of hanging the White Ensign.
4) Navy League of South Africa- Port Elizabeth Branch: Early request for flag, refusal, later offer of White Ensign, acceptance, newspaper cutting on ceremony of unveiling the flag.
5) Holy Trinity Church, Montevideo: Request for flags for war memorial, correspondence granting these and regarding delivery etc.
6) Returned Soldiers Association, Tasmania: Request for Union Jacks, agreement to this, correspondence on delivery of flags.
7) The Veterans of Foreign Wars Association: Request from American government for Union Jack for this organisation. Correspondence regarding selection and delivery of flag, also with the Ministry of Works.
8) Kalinga and District ANZAC Commemoration Committee: Request for flag with refusal, later request for flag and acceptance.
9) The Rev'd. Maurice D. Heath: Request for flag for church war memorial, granting of White Ensign.
10) The Rev. W.E. Woosnam-Jones: Request for flag for Church war memorial, granting of Blue Ensign.
11) Toc H: Request for Union Jack to fly outside building, acceptance on condition Union Jack used for chapel instead.
12) Memorable Order of Tin Hats- Natal Branch: Initial request for flags, further request for flag, correspondence regarding sending of red ensign. Also leaflets and postcards promoting the organisation.
13) Agent General For Ontario: Request for flags, granting of Union Jack, White Ensign and RAF flag.
14) Harwich Town Hall War Memorial: Request for flags for war memorial, granting of Union Jack, White Ensign, Red Ensign and RAF ensign.
15) Rev. J.R. Precious: Request for flags, correspondence agreeing and giving Union Jack, Red Ensign, White Ensign and RAF ensign. Also a leaflet on the Church and a newspaper clipping on the unveiling of the flags.
16) The Royal Air Force Association: Request for RAF ensigns. Correspondence granting a number of these.
17) Wanstead and Woodford Sea Cadet Corps: Request for red ensign. Agreement to this.
18) The Missions to Seamen: Request for red ensign flags. Correspondence granting a number of these.
19) The Old Contemptibles Association: Requests for flags on a number of occasions, correspondence answering these.
20) Royal Air Force College: Request for flags and barge figurehead. Correspondence granting these.
21) Air Marshal Sir Thomas A. Warne-Browne: Request for RAF ensign. Correspondence agreeing to this.