Cinematography: Hayes Film Store- Storage and Preservation of Film
1) Hayes Film Store 1952-1953: Contains reports and correspondence relating to the construction of a central film store at Hayes in Middlesex, the removal of films from Acton, and the Grigg Committee on the preservation of film.
2) Hayes Films Store 1955: Contains letters and drafts to Sir Harold Emmerson at the Ministry of Works expressing concern about the delay to the construction of the film store at Hayes.
3) Hayes Films Store 1955-1958: 4 sub-files of maps, plans, reports and correspondence relating to the creation of the Film store at Hayes. Consists of:
1- New film store at Hayes: requests and reports whether Hayes would be secure enough to store microfilms of art works in the event of war, progress reports on vault, report on amount of film to be stored, correspondence regarding delays to vault.
2- Hayes Film Store: Correspondence regarding final works made on the store. Also regarding first visit by the Trustees to the new store.
3- Hayes-Correspondence dealing with Official Opening: Letters of invitation, letters and notes of acceptance/ declination, lists of those visiting, correspondence regarding arrangements for opening, notes on budget, letters of thanks and compliments.
4- Maps: 2 maps- one of road routes to building, one of building itself.
4) Hayes Film Store 1956-1960: Contains reports, minutes of meetings and correspondence relating to the film store at Hayes. Topics covered include weeding film, storage, Grigg report, possibility of extension, lists of contents of vaults, preservation of film, making film copies, vacation of film vaults at Ashton Clifton.
5) Hayes Film Store 1960: Contains a report on the film store, 2 plans of the storage, a note on weeding film and a ledger sheet relating to the film store at Hayes.