Groups and Schools
Thank you for continuing to support IWM.
Bookings are now open for school groups to visit our branches in the following ways:
- Free self-guided visits for your pupils, suitable for Key Stages 2 and above at all of our IWM Branches: IWM Duxford, IWM North, Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast
- Holocaust teaching sessions, suitable for Years 9 and above, at both IWM London and IWM North
Bookings between September-December 2017 are available to book from Thursday 15 June 2017.
We also have new classroom resources available, including STEM resources for Key Stages 3 & 4.
We are investing in a new online booking system, which will make it easier to arrange your visit with us and will become available during 2017.
Booking a visit
- All groups and schools must book in advance
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Booking information
- You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for your visit or in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- Where can we eat lunch?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Who can I contact to find out more?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
See our Accessibility for more details.
Please get in touch if you have any requirements you wish to discuss.
We have a lunch space for schools and groups. When you book a visit to IWM you will be allocated a lunch time spot.
For groups who wish to purchase refreshments, the IWM North Café offers a perfect opportunity to take a break during your visit. Head Chef Tony Pickup and his team have created menus inspired by the flavours of the North West. The IWM NorthCafé is open daily, 10am - 4.30pm, and serves homemade baked goods, Fairtrade tea and coffee, and a selection of fantastic deli sandwiches and salads.
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
If you have any questions email LearningNorth@iwm.org.uk
Teachers and group leaders are advised to carry out a preliminary visit in advance of their school trip. Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.