Groups and Schools
Explore the impact of war on people’s lives from the First World War to the present. IWM North is home to a diverse collection of artefacts from a Russian tank to a tin of powdered egg; from a make do and mend toy dog to a section of the World Trade Center.
Planning your visit
Visit the relevant Key Stage page to find out what activities are on offer, you might also want to use our free activity trails and digital learning resources to inspire your self-guided visit.
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning.
Schools, academies, FE and HE colleges and groups, including adult, military and overseas groups, can book a learning session or tour for a specific key stage. Learning Sessions use original artefacts, documents, photographs, and posters from our collections.
We constantly review our offer to ensure that we are inspiring and challenging students. This may mean that sessions you have previously booked are no longer available.
Schools, academies, FE and HE colleges and groups, including adult, military and overseas groups, can book a timeslot for a self-led visit.
- All schools, colleges and groups must book in advance by filling in an online booking form. You can find the form by clicking on the Key Stage or relevant section in the grey tool bar at the top of the page.
- General admission to IWM North is free, charges apply for learning sessions.
- Payment can be made in advance or by invoice.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
- For prices see Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any questions email LearningNorth@iwm.org.uk or call +44 (0)161 836 4000 and ask for the Customer Services Team.