We are committed to ensuring IWM North is accessible to all visitors, regardless of disability, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit. These include:
- Six manual wheelchairs available for use free of charge* (IWM North is fully accessible by wheelchair)
- Accessible toilets on the ground floor
- Lifts to all floors
- We aim to offer audio described tours and object handling sessions where possible. Please check whether this facility will be available by calling 0161 836 4063 or emailing email@example.com at least one week before your planned visit date. Signed tours are regularly available. Please check the events webpages to find out if BSL interpretation will be provided.
- Large-print copies of IWM North's Floor Plan and What's On leaflet
- A warm welcome to guide and hearing dogs
- Induction loop systems at the Information Desk, WaterShard Café, Shop counter and Learning Studio
- Sixteen designated parking spaces for people with disabilities. Please note charges apply to all parking.
- Please be aware that the building has been designed to encourage visitors to consider the confusion experienced during conflict. As a result the floor of the main exhibition area has a gentle slope and visitors with mobility issues may wish to take extra care in this area. There are also different lighting levels over two floors.
* Subject to availability. Wheelchairs are distributed on a first come, first served basis.
All of our Front of House staff receive training in disability awareness. If you have any queries, or need any assistance, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you. If you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. You can leave comments at our Information Desk on your day of visit or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.