Terms and Conditions
Schools and FE Colleges visiting IWM London
- IWM classes a school or college visit as an organised group of students in full time education visiting as part of their course of studies led by staff.
- Schools and Colleges must have at least a 1 adult to every 10 students.
- All schools and colleges are asked to book as far in advance as possible.
- Schools and colleges must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Visits are subject to availability.
- All enquiries and visit requests are dealt with in the order in which they are received.
- We are not able to take provisional bookings.
- Add LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk to your 'safe senders' list to ensure our emails reach you.
- To request a booking fill in our online Visit Request Form.
- You should receive an automated email response to your booking form. If you do not receive this please contact us at LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
- If there is availability for your chosen date(s) we will send an email with a PDF Confirmation Letter attached.
- If there is not availability on your chosen date(s) we will contact you with alternative dates and/or times.
- Please make your travel arrangements after you have received a confirmed visit notification.
- For any changes to a request or booking please email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
- General admission to the museum is free but charges may apply to special exhibitions.
- If you book Learning Sessions as part of your visit then fees will apply. See individual session pages for session costs.
- Schools must pay in a single transaction.
- Payment can be made by invoice issued after the visit, or;
- A non-refundable and non-transferable payment can be made in advance by telephone using a credit/debit card.
- Cheques should made payable to IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM.
- Cheques sent in advance by post will be returned.
- If you have Learning Sessions booked as part of your visit then administrative costs can apply. No charges will apply to cancellations made more than 28 days before the visit. Cancellations of visits including learning sessions made 27 days or less prior to the visit date will incur a 100% administration fee.
- We don't charge for cancellations of self-guided visits to IWM London however please let us know if you can't visit so we can offer the space to another group.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Adult and youth groups visiting IWM London
- Adult and Youth Groups do not need to book to visit IWM London.
- General admission to IWM London is free but charges may apply to special exhibitions. See Exhibitions for further details.
- Groups of up to 10 people can book exclusive, out-of-hours private tours at IWM London. See Private Tours for further details.