Terms and Conditions
The IWM London Booking Team can take bookings for IWM London, Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast.
UK schools, FE colleges and youth groups
- All schools must book in advance
- Do not to make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached
- Payment for learning sessions is by invoice only. We are not able to accept payment on arrival
- Add email@example.com to your 'safe senders' list to ensure your Visit Confirmation Letter reaches you
- For any changes to a request or confirmed booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are not able to take provisional bookings or respond to queries by phone or fax
- If you would like to bring groups on more than one day please tell us how many groups, the numbers of students per day and your preferred dates on the form
- All enquiries and visit requests are dealt with in the order in which they are received
Overseas schools, FE colleges and youth groups
- Overseas schools can explore the permanent galleries at IWM London without pre-booking but must have the correct adult to student supervision ratio – 1:15 as a minimum, 1:10 recommended.
- Admission to the museum is free but charges apply to special exhibitions
- Learning sessions and workshops
£70 per group (maximum 30 people) for a 60-minute session
£100 per group (maximum 30 people) for a 90-minute session
- All costs include VAT
- Payment will be requested by invoice
You will be charged for all guests listed on the booking request form, and an invoice will be issued by email. We are not able to refund any charges for individual guests or groups who do not arrive. We will endeavour to accommodate late notice changes but any additional guests added within four weeks of the arrival date, including anyone not on the original booking who arrives at the conference, will be charged at £32 per person. All payments must be made in one single payment either by credit/debit card, BACS or cheque made payable to Imperial War Museum Trading Company Limited. Cheques must be sent with the remittance advice to:
The Cashier, Finance Office
Imperial War Museum Lambeth Road
London SE1 6HZ
We are not able to accept payment on arrival. Non-payment of invoices will result in future bookings being declined to all IWM branches.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to email@example.com
- Cancellations received in writing more than four weeks prior to the conference will not be invoiced.
- Cancellations received in writing within four weeks of the conference date must be paid in full and will be based on the number of guests listed on the booking request form.
Eating and Drinking
IWM London's Cafe serves a range of handmade British food freshly prepared every day including stone baked pizzas, healthy salads and snacks, fresh sandwiches and classic British puddings.