Groups and Schools
Explore the causes, course and consequences of war at IWM’s flagship branch, IWM London.
Planning your visit
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning.
You might also want to use our free digital learning resources which can be used to inspire your visit.
UK schools and FE colleges can book a timeslot for a self-guided site visit for specific galleries and exhibitions.
IWM is developing a new, exciting and pioneering learning and engagement programme. This will be rolled out in 2017 – in time for the museum’s own centenary. In order to create this programme, and remain relevant to today’s audiences, IWM will be pausing the delivery of learning sessions (with the exception of Holocaust Learning sessions at IWM London and IWM North) from May to the end of 2016.
School groups are still welcome to visit all our museums throughout this period and digital resources are on offer.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by the short-term pause in provision of learning sessions; however we are sure that the future learning and engagement programme, available from 2017, will provide long-lasting benefits for all our audiences.
- UK schools and FE colleges must book in advance by filling in an online booking form. You can find the form by clicking on the the Key Stage or relevant section in the grey tool bar at the top of the page.
- General Admission to IWM London is free, charges apply for learning sessions.
- Payment can be made in advance or by invoice.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
- For prices see Terms and Conditions.
- If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk or call +44 (0)20 7416 5000 and ask for the Customer Services Team.