Groups and Schools
What you can do
Thank you for continuing to support IWM. Bookings are open for school groups to visit our branches in the following ways:
- Free self-guided visits for your pupils, suitable for Key Stages 2 and above at all of our IWM Branches: IWM Duxford, IWM North, Churchill War Rooms and HMS Belfast
- Holocaust teaching sessions, suitable for Years 9 and above, at both IWM London and IWM North
These will be available to book for January – August 2017.
We also have new classroom resources available, including STEM resources for Key Stages 3 & 4.
We are investing in a new online booking system, which will make it easier to arrange your visit with us and will become available during 2017.
Groups and schools booking a visit:
- For prices see Tickets and Prices.
- All schools and groups must book in advance.
- You will receive a response within ten working days.
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Schools must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Payment can be made in advance or on arrival.
- Children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children.
- Large groups may have to be divided.
- Additional booking information
- If you have any questions email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
- You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for your visit or in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Where can we eat lunch?
- How can I contact to find out more?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We are committed to ensuring IWM Duxford is accessible to all visitors. For more information see Accessibility
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
We have a lunch space for schools and groups. When you book a visit to IWM you will be allocated a lunch time spot.
If you have any questions email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request two free group leader pre-visit tickets email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.