Groups and Schools
Explore the former RAF fighter station that was used during both the First and Second World Wars. IWM Duxford is home to an impressive collection of over two hundred aircraft as well as tanks, military vehicles and maritime craft.
Schools, academies, colleges and groups, including military, overseas and youth groups, can book a learning session or tour for a specific key stage.
Learning sessions use a wealth of artefacts and are delivered in the Clore Learning Centre or around the exhibitions.
Schools, academies, colleges and groups, including military, overseas and youth groups, can book a timeslot for a self-led visit. Learning sessions can be booked as part of your visit.
- All visits must be booked in advance using our booking form.
- Any charges should be paid on the day, using your entry ticket as a request for payment. Telephone 01223 499341 to make a provisional booking and to discuss your requirements.
- School groups (with 5 – 15 year olds) on a self-guided visit or undertaking a learning session are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance.
- School groups (with 16 – 18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times. If undertaking a learning session, the session fee is waived if the school group consists of 10 or more students (16 – 18 year olds).
- School visit (with 5 – 15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission.
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking, then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
Allow several hours for a visit, bring suitable outdoor clothing, and wear comfortable shoes.