Groups and Schools
What you can do
IWM is developing a new, exciting and pioneering learning and engagement programme. This will be rolled out in 2017 – in time for the museum's own centenary.
In order to create this programme, and remain relevant to today's audiences, all IWM branches will be pausing staff-lead visitor activities from September 2016 until Spring 2017, with the exception of Holocaust Learning sessions at IWM London and IWM North.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused; however we are sure that the future learning and engagement programme will provide long-lasting benefits for all our audiences. School groups are still welcome to visit all our museums throughout this period as self-guided groups and digital resources are on offer.
Groups and schools booking a visit:
- For prices see Tickets and Prices.
- All schools and groups must book in advance.
- You will receive a response within ten working days.
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Schools must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Payment can be made in advance or on arrival.
- Children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children.
- Large groups may have to be divided.
- Additional booking information
- If you have any questions email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for your visit or in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Where can we eat lunch?
- How can I contact to find out more?
- Do you offer any other taught sessions?
- What happens to my existing learning session booking?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We are committed to ensuring IWM Duxford is accessible to all visitors. For more information see Accessibility
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
We have a lunch space for schools and groups. When you book a visit to IWM you will be allocated a lunch time spot.
If you have any questions email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
IWM is developing a new, exciting and pioneering learning and engagement programme. This will be rolled out in 2017 – in time for the museum’s own centenary. In order to create this programme, and remain relevant to today’s audiences, IWM will be pausing the delivery of learning sessions (with the exception of Holocaust Learning sessions at IWM London and IWM North) from May to the end of 2016.
School groups are still welcome to visit all our museums throughout this period and digital resources are on offer.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by the short-term pause in provision of learning sessions; however we are sure that the future Learning and Engagement programme, available from 2017, will provide long-lasting benefits for all our audiences.
IWM will honour these bookings.
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request two free group leader pre-visit tickets email Dux-Edu@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.