Information for Pilots
Imperial War Museums owns and operates Duxford Airfield, a celebrated historic airfield that first opened in 1918 and remains operational today. Situated alongside IWM Duxford’s famous hangars and exhibitions, this unique airfield is one of the most outstanding and exciting destinations for GA aircraft in the world.
Duxford airfield is Prior Permission Required (PPR). Please download our essential information for visiting pilots.
Daily landing fees
- Single engine: £14.95 (up to maximum weight 2730 Kg), £34.95 (above 2730 Kg)
- Twin engine: £25.95 (up to maximum weight 2730 Kg), £45.95 (above 2730 Kg)
- Overnight parking: £8 (single engine), £12 (twin engine)
- Special opening (extensions) on application - for details please call the Airfield Tower on 01223 833 376 or email AirTraffic@iwm.org.uk
Aviation event days
Each year, our Airfield team runs a series of aviation event days for pilots and aviation groups. Event programme for 2016.
Flying into air shows
Visiting GA aircraft are welcome to fly into our air shows. More information on flying into 2016 air shows will be available soon.
Groups flying into Duxford airfield enjoy discounts on landing fees and on entry to the museum. Group visits must be arranged in advance: please call the Airfield Tower on 01223 833 376 or email AirTraffic@iwm.org.uk.
Group landing fee (five aircraft or more): £12.70 (single engine per aircraft up to 2730 Kg), £22 (twin engine per aircraft up to 2730 Kg)
Discounted group tickets to IWM Duxford are available
Organisations operating training flights are welcome at Duxford Airfield, whether as a cross-country land-away or circuits. Instructors can give students experience of working an AFIS "Flight Information Service", grass and hard runway operations and perhaps the thrill of landing on the grass after a Spitfire or other warbird. Landing fee discounts are available to training organisations. Training organisations should contact the Airfield Operations Office on 01223 497 987 or email email@example.com
Training landing fees
- Single engine landing: £7 (up to 2730 Kg), £17.50 (above 2730 Kg)
- Twin engine landing: £12.50 (up to 2730 Kg), £23 (above 2730 Kg)
- Circuit single engine: £20 per hour (up to 2730 Kg), £40 per hour (above 2730 Kg)
- Circuit twin engine: £30 per hour (up to 2730 Kg), £50 per hour (above 2730 Kg)
Friends of Duxford
Love flying-in to Duxford Airfield? Become a Friend of Duxford.
Friends of Duxford enjoy a 25% discounted landing fee, discounts in the shop, restaurants and free daily entry to the museum.
Landing fee: £11.20 (single engine up to 2730 Kg), £19.50 (twin engine up to 2730 Kg)
Keep your aircraft at Duxford
Parking on the outside tie-downs is available at Duxford at both short-term and long-term rates. Aircraft owners can take advantage of the airfield’s excellent runways, ‘Flight Information’ air traffic service and enjoy the unique atmosphere which comes from sharing the airfield with Spitfires, Hurricane, Mustangs and many other war birds. Keep Your Aircraft at Duxford information and contact details.