Opening Times and Directions
- We are open daily from 10am.
- During the winter season (26 October 2014 to 14 March 2015) we are open from 10am until 4pm. Last admission is at 3pm. During the winter period the Land Warfare exhibition will be open daily from noon. The rest of the museum is open as normal from 10am until 4pm.
- During the summer season (15 March to late October 2015) we are open from 10am until 6pm. Last admission is at 5pm.
- We are closed 24, 25 and 26 December.
- Contact us at 01223 835000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. International callers can contact us at +44 (0)1223 835000.
Visiting us by Car
IWM Duxford is just south of Cambridge at Junction 10 of the M11 motorway, less than 50 miles from Central London and approximately 40 minutes from the M25 (Junction 27). IWM Duxford is easily accessible from the A1, A14, M1 and the North, via the M11. There is ample free parking.
Our post code for Sat Nav systems is CB22 4QR.
Visiting us by Train
The nearest stations are Whittlesford, Royston and Cambridge. There are taxi ranks at both Royston and Cambridge stations. Whittlesford station is the closest to the museum but does not have a taxi rank; please make sure to book your taxi in advance. Visit National Rail or First Capital Connect websites for further details on train timetables and prices.
Visiting us by Bus
On Sundays there is a direct Myalls 132 bus service from Cambridge to IWM Duxford. For further details please see the service timetable.
We recommend that visitors travelling south on the M11 take the alternative route, which will be signposted from Junction 11 of the M11, along the A10 to Royston and then east to the museum along the A505. Cambridgeshire Police will be operating a traffic management system on the M11, A505 and at Junction 10 of the M11, to ensure traffic flows as freely as possible. Parking at the museum is free.
A free courtesy bus runs from Cambridge to IWM Duxford on Air Show days. The bus departs at regular intervals from Cambridge Railway Station and Trumpington Park & Ride at Junction 11 of the M11 from 8.30am and then every 30 minutes until approximately 1.30pm. Buses will return to both Cambridge railway station and to the Park & Ride at regular intervals from 3pm and then every 30 minutes, with the last bus leaving IWM Duxford at 6.30pm. Timings of buses may be affected by local road traffic congestion.
Please note that parking charges may apply at Trumpington Park & Ride.