Plan Your Visit
- Open every day from 10am, including Bank Holidays
- We are closed 24, 25 and 26 December
- Winter hours: (until 11 March 2016) open 10am-4pm. Last admission is at 3pm. Land Warfare opens at 11am.
- Summer hours: (12 March 2016 to late October 2016) open 10am-6pm. Last admission is at 5pm.
- Ticket prices - entry includes access to the whole museum including the Royal Anglian Regiment Museum and Airborne Assault
- IWM Duxford map
- On air show days we are open 8am-6pm
- The American Air Museum (one of the exhibition buildings) is closed until spring 2016 for redevelopment
- Contact us at 01223 835000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. International callers can contact us at +44 (0)1223 835000
How to get to IWM Duxford
Visiting us by car
IWM Duxford is south of Cambridge at Junction 10 of the M11 motorway, less than 50 miles from Central London and approximately 40 minutes from the M25 (Junction 27).
IWM Duxford is easily accessible from the A1, A14, M1 and the North, via the M11. There is free parking.
Post code: CB22 4QR.
Nearest train stations
There are taxi ranks at both Royston and Cambridge stations. Whittlesford station is the closest to the museum but does not have a taxi rank.
Visiting us by bus
On Sundays there is a direct Myalls 132 bus service from Cambridge to IWM Duxford. For further details please see the service timetable.
Getting to air shows
Travelling by train/bus
- See the National Rail website for train times and ticket costs to Cambridge Railway Station
- Free courtesy bus from Cambridge to IWM Duxford on air show days
- The bus departs at regular intervals from Cambridge Railway Station and Trumpington Park & Ride at Junction 11 of the M11
- Please note that parking charges may apply at Trumpington Park & Ride
Travelling by car
There is plenty to see and do for families with children of all ages.
If you are interested in bespoke tours, contact our official tour operator, and respected aviation historian, David Lee, on 01440 707 610 or email email@example.com
Our shop offers a wide range of unique and distinctive mementos and gifts, with something for every taste and budget. You can also shop online.
There are many picnic spaces across the site and we have a restaurant and café.
There is plenty of room for children to run around and let off steam. Children under 9 years old can also enjoy our exciting activity zone playground.
Free Wi-Fi is available across most of the museum, including our exhibitions and public spaces.
Toilets, including baby changing facilities, are available throughout the site, with additional facilities provided for special events and air shows.
Wheelchairs are available for loan and free on-site transport is available to visitors requiring assistance. Find out more about Accessibility.
Groups and schools
For a general visit, there is no need to book your group visit in advance. However, booking is required for air shows and special events where the group adult price is more than £13.20 per ticket.
Find out more about group prices.
The Department for Learning offers a wide range of learning programmes for schools, youth groups, military groups and other learning groups.
For more information, visit the Groups and Schools section.
For information on car or motorbike club visits, visit the Car and Motorbike Club Visits section.
Friends of Duxford
If you are a regular visitor or wish to support IWM Duxford, join Friends of Duxford and enjoy great benefits such as free standard daily admission, discounts in the shops or access to exclusive members’ events.
By becoming a Friend, you will be making a valuable contribution to the care and conservation of the museum’s historic site.