Opening Times and Directions
- Open every day from 10am, including Bank Holidays.
- We are closed 24, 25 and 26 December.
- Summer hours: (until 24 October 2015) open 10am – 6pm. Last admission is at 5pm.
- Winter hours: (25 October 2015 to 11 March 2016) open 10am – 4pm. Last admission is at 3pm. Land Warfare opens at 11am.
- On air show days we are open 8am – 6pm.
- The American Air Museum (one of our eight exhibition buildings) is closed until spring 2016 for redevelopment. Until September, you can get up close to most of the iconic US aircraft from the exhibition in new locations across the museum.
- Contact us at 01223 835000 or email email@example.com. International callers can contact us at +44 (0)1223 835000.
Visiting us by Car
IWM Duxford is south of Cambridge at Junction 10 of the M11 motorway, less than 50 miles from Central London and approximately 40 minutes from the M25 (Junction 27).
IWM Duxford is easily accessible from the A1, A14, M1 and the North, via the M11. There is free parking.
Post code: CB22 4QR.
Nearest Train Stations
There are taxi ranks at both Royston and Cambridge stations. Whittlesford station is the closest to the museum but does not have a taxi rank; please make sure to book your taxi in advance. Visit National Rail or First Capital Connect websites for further details on train timetables and prices.
Visiting us by Bus
On Sundays there is a direct Myalls 132 bus service from Cambridge to IWM Duxford. For further details please see the service timetable.
Getting to Air Shows
- Visitors travelling south on the M11 should take the signposted route from Junction 11 of the M11, along the A10 to Royston and then east to the museum along the A505.
- Cambridgeshire Police will be operating a traffic management system on the M11, A505 and at Junction 10 of the M11, to ensure traffic flows as freely as possible.
- Parking at the museum is free.
- A free courtesy bus runs from Cambridge to IWM Duxford on Air Show days.
- The bus departs at regular intervals from Cambridge Railway Station and Trumpington Park & Ride at Junction 11 of the M11 from 8.30am and then every 30 minutes until approximately 1.30pm.
- Buses will return to both Cambridge railway station and to the Park & Ride at regular intervals from 3pm and then every 30 minutes, with the last bus leaving IWM Duxford at 6.30pm. Timings of buses may be affected by local road traffic congestion.
- Please note that parking charges may apply at Trumpington Park & Ride.