We are committed to ensuring IWM Duxford is accessible to all visitors. These include:
- An Access for All (PDF) information booklet to help you plan your visit. Download Adobe PDF Reader.
- Accessibility information in Braille with tactile maps and large print information with black and white maps. To request either pack in advance of your visit telephone 01223 835 000 or email email@example.com.
- Free on-site mobility assistance vehicle available throughout the day for visitors who require assistance around the site. A wheelchair can be accommodated to the rear of the vehicle and folded wheelchairs can be placed at the front of the vehicle. For safety reasons this service does not run on air show days and event days. Please note that on-site mobility assistance vehicle will be unavailable on Thursday 2 April.
- Wheelchairs available for loan from the Visitor Centre. To reserve, subject to availability, telephone 01223 499 314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to high demand, we have arranged for a private company to provide additional wheelchair and mobility scooter hire at our air shows. To book a wheelchair or scooter, please visit Bartrams Associates Ltd website or call 01353 778 756. There is a charge for this service.
- 19 designated parking bays for blue badge holders, with further bays available at our air shows.
- Toilets, including wheelchair-accessible facilities, available throughout the site, with additional facilities provided at air shows and some events.
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome. Please note, no dogs except guide and assistance dogs.
- Audio guides to AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition specifically designed for blind and partially sighted visitors, available free of charge. To reserve the audio guide, subject to availability, telephone 01223 499 314 or email email@example.com.
- Audio description on the Historic Duxford trail.
Please note that the interactive trail posts have been temporarily removed for essential maintenance until late 2014.
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpretation on films in AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition.
- Subtitles on most audio-visual presentations.
- Induction loops and transcript booklets for most exhibits with audio, including all those in AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition.
All of our front of house staff receive training in disability awareness. If you have any queries, or need any assistance, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you. If you have any feedback we would love to hear from you. You can leave comments at our Visitor Centre on your day of visit or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.