Youth Groups and Schools
Discover a unique historic environment. Film, photographs, objects and veteran testimonies tell the story of what life was like living and working on board HMS Belfast during her duties in the Second World War, the Cold War, Korea and beyond.
UK schools, FE colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit or a site visit with a Learning Session.
Learning Sessions use original artefacts, documents, photographs, posters and film from our collections to tell the story of life onboard HMS Belfast.
All schools and groups must book in advance and pay on arrival.
2015 booking process
Changes to our booking process for UK/Overseas Schools:
- School groups (with 5 – 15 year olds) on a self-guided visit or undertaking a learning session* are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance. *UK Schools only
- School groups (with 16 – 18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times. If undertaking a learning session, the session fee is waived when the school group consists of 10 or more students (16 – 18 year olds)
- School visit (with 5 – 15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
Allow at least 90 minutes to explore the ship. Extra care must be taken when walking around HMS Belfast with only two decks that can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders. We suggest outdoor clothing and flat shoes should be worn. For more information see Accessibility.
Overnight stays are available to UK schools and youth groups with children aged 8-18 who can Kip in a Ship.
If you are an Adult, please visit our Adult Groups page.
***Due to the high level of visit requests, we are experiencing delays in our turnaround time. Please bear with us and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.***