Groups and Schools
Discover a unique historic environment. Film, photographs, objects and veteran testimonies tell the story of what life was like living and working on board HMS Belfast during her duties in the Second World War, the Cold War, Korea and beyond.
UK schools, academies, FE colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit on board HMS Belfast.
You must book in advance.
Planning your visit
We have free digital learning resources which can be used to inspire your self-guided visit.
To make a booking please click on self guided visits above.
- School groups (with 5 – 15 year olds) on a self-guided visit are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance.
- School groups (with 16 – 18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times.
- If you do not make an advance booking then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
Allow at least 90 minutes to explore the ship. Extra care must be taken when walking around HMS Belfast with only two decks that can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders. We suggest outdoor clothing and flat shoes should be worn. For more information see Accessibility.
Overnight stays are available to UK schools and youth groups with children aged 8-18 who can Kip in a Ship.
If you are an adult group, please visit our Adult Groups page.