Groups and Schools
Bookings between September-December 2017 are available to book from Thursday 15 June 2017. Find out what you can see.
IWM welcomes schools and groups to all five of our branches. To extend your experience, we have a range of Digital Learning Resources for classroom use.
A visit to HMS Belfast may support studies of the Second World War, Arctic Convoys, Korean War or the River Thames. On board, discover a unique historic environment. Film, photographs, objects and veteran testimonies tell the story of what life was like living and working on board HMS Belfast.
Terms and Conditions:
- Book a visit as a UK school, overseas school, youth group or adult group. Schools and groups need to book in advance. Our team will send a response within ten working days.
- Travel arrangements should be made only after you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- School children under age 16 may get free admission, while students aged 16-18 may enter at a discounted price. To qualify for free admission, schools must make a direct booking with IWM. If your booking is made via a travel operator/third party organiser it is subject to admission charges. Groups also qualify for a discounted price. See Tickets and Prices.
- Children need to be supervised at all times. We ask for at least one adult for every ten children, and large groups may have to be divided.
- Find additional booking information here.
- Interested in other learning opportunities? You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
Only two decks can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders – for more information see Accessibility
What provisions are there for SEN students?
How do I get to IWM?
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
Who can I contact to find out more?
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request 2 free group leader pre-visit tickets email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.