Groups and Schools
What you can do
- Self-guided visits - see below
2017 bookings for self-guided visits for schools and groups are now open.
Schools and groups booking information:
- For prices see Tickets and Prices.
- All schools and groups must book in advance.
- You will receive a response within ten working days.
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Schools must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children.
- Large groups may have to be divided.
- Additional booking information.
- If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk.
- You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit.
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Who can I contact to find out more?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
Only two decks can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders – for more information see Accessibility
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request 2 free group leader pre-visit tickets email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.