Plan Your Visit
- The admissions office is currently closed for refurbishment and has been temporarily moved on board. If you make your way onto HMS Belfast, you will be able to buy your tickets as normal.
- Open every day from 10am, including Bank Holidays
- We are closed 24, 25, and 26 December
- Winter hours: (1 November to 28 February) 10am – 5pm, last admission 4pm
- Summer hours: (29 Feb to 31 October) 10am – 6pm, last admission 5pm
- During adverse weather, it may become necessary for certain ladders and upper decks on HMS Belfast to be closed at short notice. Please ask a member of staff on board for more information.
- Occasionally we may need to close early - see our list of dates here
- Ticket prices
How to get to HMS Belfast
HMS Belfast is easily accessible by public transport. To plan your journey visit tfl.gov.uk.
Nearest tube stations
- London Bridge. Northern and Jubilee Line. 5 min walk.
- Tower Hill. District and Circle Line. 15-20 min walk.
Nearest train stations
London Bridge is a 5-minute walk.
Plan your rail journey with National Rail.
Visiting us by bus
You can take any bus that goes to London Bridge.
Visiting us by car
There aren't any designated parking spaces for visitors to HMS Belfast, but metered parking is available in the local area. Charges apply from 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday. Parking in the local area is controlled by the London Borough of Southwark. There are two charging car parks nearby:
- Union Car Parks. 70-78 St. Thomas Street, London SE1 (6-minute walk from HMS Belfast)
- Snowfields NCP. Kipling Street, Bankside, London SE1 (8-minute walk from HMS Belfast)
HMS Belfast is within the London Congestion Charge zone. The daily Congestion Charge rate is £10.00. Please visit the TFL's Congestion Charge website for further details on how to pay the charge.
Visiting us by coach
There aren't any designated coach parking spaces for coaches visiting HMS Belfast, but there are drop-off points just off Tooley Street. Maximum stay is 20 minutes. Visit the TFL's coach parking map for more information.
Visiting us by boat
You can get to Tower Bridge Pier by the regular boat tours operating throughout the day on the River Thames:
Walking and cycling
See the Transport for London cycling website for details. The nearest Cycle Hire Scheme docking stations:
- Tooley Street
- Tower Bridge (north bank)
- Southwark Street.
Visit the Sustrans website for further information on London Cycle Routes.
HMS Belfast is situated on the Thames Path, one of London's key routes connecting more than a hundred attractions including more than 30 museums, a dozen parks and gardens, 21 historic monuments and 7 art galleries. See the Thames Path London website for more details.
How long will you stay?
We recommend you leave at least 90 minutes in your day to look around HMS Belfast. However, with our on-site cafe and the amount of information to be found on board, lots of people come for half-a day or more.
An audio guide highlight tour of HMS Belfast provides insight into this historic ship. Hear battle stories from the Second World War and beyond – the convoys in icy arctic conditions, the bombardment of German defences on D-Day and the 404 days spent patrolling waters during the Korean War. Audio guides are free for every visitor (available in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Mandarin, Polish, Russian and Spanish). A family audio guide is also available.
Visiting with Bags, Luggage and Young Children
We‘re sorry, but as an historic site we don’t have available space for cloakrooms or luggage areas. Our corridors are narrow, so we ask visitors not to bring rucksacks or other large items, such as suitcases – they will spoil the enjoyment of your experience. HMS Belfast is accessible to parents with prams, pushchairs and strollers throughout '2' deck, the main passage way through the ship where the crew’s living areas are found.
There is wheelchair access to the main deck of HMS Belfast but there is no access below deck due to the nature of the ship. Plan your visit with our accessible information.
Shopping at HMS Belfast
HMS Belfast's shop provides a wide range of books, CDs, DVDs, clothing and accessories, posters and stationery, souvenirs and gift ideas.
For our younger visitors we have an exciting range of games, toys and souvenirs as well as a selection of children's books. There are also educational resource materials and children's activity books on sale.
You can also browse our range of products on our Online Shop.
Things to see and do in the area
HMS Belfast is only a 20-minute bus ride from IWM London or a sightseeing 30-minute walk along the river bank to Churchill War Rooms. It's also close to a wide-range of famous tourist sites including Tower of London, Tate Modern and all the varied attractions along London's famous South Bank.
For further information about places to visit and where to stay, visit Visit London.