Opening Times and Directions
- Open every day from 10am, including Bank Holidays
- We are closed 24, 25, and 26 December
- Winter hours: (1 November to 28 February) 10am – 5pm, last admission 4pm
- Summer hours: (1 March to 31 October) 10am – 6pm, last admission 5pm
- During adverse weather, it may become necessary for certain ladders and upper decks on HMS Belfast to be closed at short notice. Please ask a member of staff on board for more information.
- Occasionally we may need to close early - see our list of dates here
IWM London is easily accessible by public transport. To plan your journey visit tfl.gov.uk.
Nearest Tube Stations
- London Bridge (Northern and Jubilee Line) is a 5-minute walk.
- Tower Hill (District and Circle Line) is a 10-minute walk.
Nearest Train Stations
London Bridge is a 5-minute walk.
See National Rail's website for further details.
Visiting us by Bus
You can take any bus that goes to London Bridge.
Visiting us by Car
There aren't any designated parking spaces for visitors to HMS Belfast, but metered parking is available in the local area. Charges apply from 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday. Parking in the local area is controlled by the London Borough of Southwark. There are two charging car parks nearby:
- Union Car Parks. 70-78 St. Thomas Street, London SE1 (6-minute walk from HMS Belfast)
- Snowfields NCP. Kipling Street, Bankside, London SE1 (8-minute walk from HMS Belfast)
HMS Belfast is within the London Congestion Charge zone. The daily Congestion Charge rate is £10.00. Please visit the TFL's Congestion Charge website for further details on how to pay the charge.
Visiting us by Coach
There aren't any designated coach parking spaces for coaches visiting HMS Belfast, but there are drop-off points just off Tooley Street. Maximum stay is 20 minutes. Visit the TFL's coach parking map for more information.
Visiting us by Boat
You can get to Tower Bridge Pier by the regular boat tours operating throughout the day on the River Thames:
Walking and Cycling
See the Transport for London cycling website for details. The nearest Cycle Hire Scheme docking stations:
- Tooley Street
- Tower Bridge (north bank)
- Southwark Street.
Visit the Sustrans website for further information on London Cycle Routes.
HMS Belfast is situated on the Thames Path, one of London's key routes connecting more than a hundred attractions including more than 30 museums, a dozen parks and gardens, 21 historic monuments and 7 art galleries. See the Thames Path London website for more details.
How Long Will You Stay?
We recommend you leave at least 90 minutes in your day to look around HMS Belfast. However, with our on-site cafe and the amount of information to be found on board, lots of people come for half-a day or more.
Things to See and Do in the Area
HMS Belfast is only a 20-minute bus ride from IWM London or a sightseeing 30-minute walk along the river bank to Churchill War Rooms. It's also close to a wide-range of famous tourist sites including Tower of London, Tate Modern and all the varied attractions along London's famous South Bank.
For further information about places to visit and where to stay, visit Visit London.