Groups and Schools
What you can do
- Self-guided visits - see below
Groups and schools can explore Churchill War Rooms on a self-guided visit.
Bookings between September-December 2017 are available to book from Thursday 15 June 2017.
Schools and groups booking information:
- For prices see Tickets and Prices.
- All schools and groups must book in advance
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Schools must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children.
- Large groups may have to be divided.
- Additional booking information
- If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
- You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
- Gift bags are available to be reserved in advance and collected during your visit
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Who can I contact to find out more?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We are committed to ensuring Churchill War Rooms is accessible to as many visitors as possible.
See Accessibility for more details.
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request two free group leader pre-visit tickets email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.