Groups and Schools
Discover a unique historic site and an iconic prime minister, learn about leadership and decision-making and how lives in Britain were affected by the Second World War.
UK schools, further education colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit at the Churchill War Rooms.
All schools and groups must book in advance.
Allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
Planning your visit
You might also want to use our free digital learning resources which can be used to inspire your self-guided visit.
To book your visit please click on self guided visits above.
- School groups (with 5–15 year olds) on a self-guided visit are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance.
- School groups (with 16–18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times.
- If you do not make an advance booking, then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
If you're an Adult group, please visit our Adult Groups page.