Groups and Schools
Discover a unique historic site and an iconic prime minister, learn about leadership and decision-making and how lives in Britain were affected by the Second World War.
UK schools, further education colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit at the Churchill War Rooms.
All schools and groups must book in advance and pay on arrival.
Allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
Planning your visit
You might also want to use our free digital learning resources which can be used to inspire your self-guided visit.
To book your visit please click on self guided visits above.
- School groups (with 5–15 year olds) on a self-guided visit* are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance. *UK Schools
- School groups (with 16–18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times.
- School visit (with 5–15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission.
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking, then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
If you're an Adult group, please visit our Adult Groups page.