Youth Groups and Schools
Discover a unique historic site and an iconic Prime Minister, learn about leadership and decision-making and how lives in Britain were affected by the Second World War.
UK schools, FE colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit or a site visit with a Learning Session.
Learning Sessions use original artefacts, documents, photographs, posters and film from our collections.
Sessions are delivered in the dedicated facilities provided in the Clore Learning Centre and around the site.
All schools and groups must book in advance and pay on arrival.
Allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
New booking process 2015
We are making some changes to our booking process for UK/Overseas Schools.
For visits from 1 January 2015:
- School groups (with 5 – 15 year olds) on a self-guided visit or undertaking a learning session* are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance. *UK Schools
- School groups (with 16 – 18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times. If undertaking a learning session, the session fee is waived when the school group consists of 10 or more students (16 – 18 year olds)
- School visit (with 5 – 15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking, then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
If you're an Adult group, please visit our Adult Groups page.
***Due to the high level of visit requests, we are experiencing delays in our turnaround time. Please bear with us and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.***
From our Collections
Ideas for Winter Nights
BWRS Christmas Gifts Distributed to London’s East Enders: American Aid to the Canning Town Settlement, London, December 1944
A Shelter in Camden Town under a Brewery: Christmas Eve, 1940
Admiralty Christmas Party for Allied Naval Officers’ Children, Admiralty House, 17 December 1942
Christmas Travel by Rail
Interior and Exterior Photographs of a Second World War Prefabricated Bungalow (PREFAB) Taken in the 1950s and 1960s