Groups and Schools
What you can do
Groups and schools can explore Churchill War Rooms on a self-directed visit. A short introductory film and audio guides in English, French, German and Spanish are included in the admission price, subject to availability.
Schools and groups booking information:
- For prices see Tickets and Prices.
- All schools and groups must book in advance
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Do not make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Schools must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- Children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children.
- Large groups may have to be divided.
- Additional booking information
- If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Schools request a visit Groups request a visit
Resources for in the classroom
Frequently Asked Questions
- What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
- What provisions are there for SEN students?
- How do I get to IWM?
- Who can I contact to find out more?
- Do you offer any other taught sessions?
- Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We are committed to ensuring Churchill War Rooms is accessible to as many visitors as possible.
See Accessibility for more details.
All our sites can be reached by public transport. See Plan Your Visit.
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
IWM is developing a new, exciting and pioneering learning and engagement programme. This will be rolled out in 2017 – in time for the museum’s own centenary. In order to create this programme, and remain relevant to today’s audiences, IWM will be pausing the delivery of learning sessions (with the exception of Holocaust Learning sessions at IWM London and IWM North) from May to the end of 2016.
School groups are still welcome to visit all our museums throughout this period and digital resources are on offer.
We are sorry for any disappointment caused by the short-term pause in provision of learning sessions; however we are sure that the future Learning and Engagement programme, available from 2017, will provide long-lasting benefits for all our audiences.
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request two free group leader pre-visit tickets emailLearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.