Youth Groups and Schools
Learning Sessions | Self-led Tours | Free Learning Resources
Discover a unique historic site and an iconic prime minister, learn about leadership and decision-making and how lives in Britain were affected by the Second World War.
UK schools, further education colleges and youth groups can book a self-guided site visit or a site visit with a Learning Session.
Learning Sessions use original artefacts, documents, photographs, posters and film from IWM collections.
Sessions are delivered in the dedicated facilities provided in the Clore Learning Centre and around the site.
All schools and groups must book in advance and pay on arrival.
Allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
We are accepting learning session bookings up to Friday, 17 July 2015. If you would like to book Learning Sessions for the 2015 Autumn Term, please see IWM London, IWM North and IWM Duxford Groups and Schools and browse our learning offers by Key Stages.
- School groups (with 5–15 year olds) on a self-guided visit or undertaking a learning session* are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance. *UK Schools
- School groups (with 16–18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times. If undertaking a learning session, the session fee is waived when the school group consists of 10 or more students (16–18 year olds).
- School visit (with 5–15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission.
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking, then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
If you're an Adult group, please visit our Adult Groups page.
***Due to the high level of visit requests, we are experiencing delays in our turnaround time. Please bear with us and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.***