Plan Your Visit
- We are open every day from 10am - 5pm, including Bank Holidays
- We are closed on 24, 25, and 26 December
- Occasionally we close our Main Exhibition Space 30 minutes early - see our list of dates here
- Last admission is at 4.30pm
- Contact us at 0161 836 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. International callers can contact us at +44 (0)161 836 4000.
- Download an English-language copy of our floor plan (PDF). Other languages are available at the museum.
How to get to IWM North
IWM North is easily accessible by public transport from the City Centre or by car via the Manchester Outer Ring Road (M60). To make your visit greener, please consider using public transport. To plan your route, visit Traveline North-West.
Nearest Metrolink tram stations
- Harbour City
Trams run direct from Manchester Piccadilly, Deansgate-Castlefield and St Peter's Square.
If you're coming from Oxford Road railway station, you will need to travel on foot to St Peter's Square. For more information, visit the Metrolink website.
Keep up to speed with the latest developments on the Metrolink Tram network and check for any changes to your service at Transformation Information.
Nearest bus routes
- 250 Piccadilly Gardens to Trafford Centre. This service stops on Wharfside Way, Trafford Park. Alight at Village Circle and walk back to Elevator Road; continue on foot to IWM North on Trafford Wharf Road.
- X50 Manchester Piccadilly to Trafford Centre. This service stops at IWM North. This service runs approximately every 15 minutes. For more information please see the Stagecoach website.
- 50 from East Didsbury via the City Centre and Salford Crescent to MediaCityUK. This service stops on the Salford side of The Quays by The Lowry. We are a short walk across the canal by footbridge.
- For timetable enquiries, call 0161 228 7811. For more information on getting to IWM North by bus, download detailed directions or visit Transport for Greater Manchester.
Visiting us by train
Visit National Rail Enquiries to plan your journey to central Manchester station and continue by tram.
Visiting us by car or coach
Leave the M60 at Junction 9 and join Parkway (A5081) towards Trafford Park. At the first island take the third exit onto Village Way; at the next island take the second exit onto Warren Bruce Road. Turn right at the T-junction onto Trafford Wharf Road. Alternatively, leave the M602 at Junction 3 and follow the signs.
Secure parking is available for 160 cars, including designated parking spaces for Blue Badge holders available on a first-come, first-served basis (charges apply). IWM is a charity and the income from car parking provides vital income for the museum, to allow us to continue to develop exhibitions and learning programmes. The following charges apply:
- 0-4 hours £5.00
- 4-6 hours £7.00
- 6-8 hours £8.00
- 8-12 hours £10.00
- 12-24 hours £15.00
Locker facilities are available free of charge.
Eating and Drinking
Our WaterShard Café & Kitchen offers an excellent fresh, locally sourced menu, combined with stunning views overlooking the quayside.
Toilets are situated on the Ground Floor next to the Shop and include accessible toilets.
Shopping at IWM North
IWM North's Shop provides a wide range of books, CDs, DVDs, clothing and accessories, posters and stationery, souvenirs and gift ideas.
For our younger visitors we have an exciting range of games, toys and souvenirs as well as a selection of children's books. There are also educational resource materials and children's activity books on sale.
You can also browse our range of products on our Online Shop.
Things to do and see in the area
IWM North is located at The Quays, Greater Manchester's fantastic waterfront destination. Within just one square mile, you will find a hub of culture, history and sport with venues. Use the Creative Tourist Cultural Calendar to find out about cultural events, or visit one of Manchester's other award-winning museums or galleries: