Using our website to buy your tickets
- Please take care to check you have selected the correct branch, venue or event, the correct date and time and correct number of visitors per ticket category, as once your order has been completed, tickets cannot be refunded or transfered
- Promotional tickets cannot be used in conjunction with advance online tickets unless specified
- Please note any tickets purchased online cannot be used in conjunction with any offers, discounts or promotions unless they are a specific online offer, discount or promotion
- Each disabled visitor may be accompanied by one free carer
- Parties of 10 or more constitute a group. Group tickets cannot be purchased in advance online. Please refer to our Groups and Schools page for further details.
- Tour operators and travel trade companies are not permitted to purchase tickets from this website; any tickets so purchased will be invalid
- Imperial War Museum and Imperial War Museum Trading Company Ltd will store the data you supply securely and use it for the purpose of processing your order which may include us contacting you to advise of any situation which may directly affect your visit. For further information please refer to our Privacy Statements page.
- By becoming an IWM member you can enjoy free entry to IWM Duxford, Churchill War Rooms, HMS Belfast and our charging exhibitions. For further information about becoming a Member please call +44(0)20 7416 5255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your ticket/pass – general conditions to all events across all branches
- Your ticket is only valid for the date printed on its face; it is not valid for admission on any other day
- Your confirmation email, or both portions of your ticket, must be produced upon first entering the museum
- Air show tickets and Air Show Gold and Silver passes are not valid on general admission days, events or special ticketed events such as guided tours, lectures and talks as advertised
- Special ticketed event such as charging exhibitions guided tours, lectures and talks are only valid for the date and activity shown on your ticket and confirmation email
- Proof of entitlement to concessions will be requested upon entry
- Tickets, passes or reservations are not valid in conjunction with school groups, group rates or promotional offers unless specified
- Photocopies of your ticket will not be accepted
- Lost or damaged tickets /passes will not be replaced
- Your ticket/pass or reservation has no monetary value and is not for resale
- All tickets/ passes or reservations listed above are non-refundable and non-transferable
- IWM reserves the rights to refuse admission, or to require the ticket holder to leave the premises at any time
- Please retain your ticket stub throughout your visit
- All members of your group will need to arrive at the same time
General Admission tickets excluding Air Shows
General admission tickets are not valid on event days, air shows or special ticketed events such as guided tours, lectures and talks as advertised.
Kip in a Ship sleepover reservations – HMS Belfast only
- Please see the full terms and conditions for Kip in a Ship sleepovers
- Please take care to check you have selected the correct date and correct number of nights as once your order has been completed, payment cannot be refunded
During your visit
- Children under 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times
- No dogs except assistance dogs are allowed at IWM
- To help preserve the collections, please do not touch the exhibits
- IWM photographers may take images at events that could be kept on file and used for publicity purposes. To find out more about how we use our images please ask our photographer or email email@example.com.
- Commercial filming is not permitted without prior permission from IWM
- All flying at IWM Duxford is subject to weather conditions, aircraft serviceability and operational commitments
- IWM reserves the right to refuse admission, terminate a visit, close rooms or restrict access to areas within the museum at short notice or without prior warning
Gift Aid on tickets excluding Air Shows
- Gift Aid allows IWM to reclaim the tax back on the entire admission and donation price if you are a UK taxpayer, worth 25p for every £1 paid
- To take part in the scheme you would pay a voluntary donation of at least 10% on top of the standard admission price, and provide a few personal details as specified by HMRC
- By agreeing to Gift Aid, your admission entry fee becomes a donation in lieu of admission to IWM
- By selecting a ticket that includes a voluntary donation, you will be making a valuable contribution to the care and conservation of IWM’s collections. Thank you.