Men And Women Of St Mary Le Bone
JUNCTION OF PRINCE ALBERT RD AND PARK RD IN CENTRE OF TRAFFIC ROUNDABOUT
Prince Albert Rd
St Johns Wood
City Of Westminster
OS Grid Ref.: TQ 260 820
BRONZE STATUE OF ST GEORGE IN FULL ARMOUR ON HORSEBACK SLAYING DRAGON. ARMS OF THE BOROUGH OF ST MARY LE BONE IN STONE ABOVE INSCRIPTION.
A GRATEFUL TRIBUTE/ TO THE MEN AND WOMEN OF/SAINT MARY-LE-BONE/ WHO BY THEIR/ SERVICE AND SACRIFICE/ FOR KING AND COUNTRY/ FREELY PLAYED THEIR PART/ IN THE GREAT WAR.
Names on memorial
First World War (1914-1918)
Total names on memorial: 0
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Undefined
Order of information: Undefined
Date: 15th November 1936
Attended by: Local Clergy/Dignitaries
According to Arthur Byron's London Statues the statue was presented in 1907 by Sigismund Goetze. It became a war memorial (with inscription) in 1936. Sigismund Goetze specified that he did not want an unveiling ceremony.
Site: Unknown or N/A
Memorial: Unknown or N/A
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
Details: Unknown or N/A
Unknown or N/A
Source: Image Library NIWM Published:CONSTABLE 1981 LONDON
Carter Postcard Collection
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
© IWM (WMR-11591)
For queries, please contact email@example.com.