Key Stage 1
Sessions support programmes of study in History, Art, English, Literacy and Citizenship and include handling original artefacts as well as using documents, photographs, posters, paintings and film.
Sessions take place in our School Rooms or in the galleries.
Browse through the carousel above using the red arrows
To choose your learning session and discover how the past is different from the present
- look at the impact of the Second World War on individuals and family life from the Blitz and evacuation to rationing and living conditions
Request a visit
Check our current charges and cancellation policy in our Terms and Conditions.
We are currently fully booked for the Autumn Term 2012. Information on dates that become available due to cancellations will be posted here.
- Chronological understanding
- Knowledge and understanding of events, people and changes in the past
- Historical interpretation and enquiry
- Speaking with confidence, listening to others, group discussion and interaction
From the World Wars to the Cold War, IWM gives teachers and students in UK schools everything they need to explore the course, causes and consequences of conflict from the First World War to today.
IWM is a charity, and we depend on supporters like you to help us care for and display our exceptional Collections. Please consider making a donation to IWM London today.