All overseas schools and colleges must book their visit to HMS Belfast in advance and pay on arrival.
So that all our visitors have a safe and enjoyable visit and we are fair to everyone
- students must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children
- large groups may have to be divided
- only two decks can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders – for more information see Accessibility
Before you request a visit check our current charges and cancellation policies in our Terms and Conditions.
Request a visit
Once you have decided what you would like to do complete our visit request form.
***Due to the high level of visit requests, we are experiencing delays in our turnaround time. Please bear with us and we will endeavour to respond to you as soon as possible.***
2015 booking process
- Overseas School groups (with 5 – 15 year olds) on a self-guided visit are eligible for free admission but need to book in advance.
- Overseas school groups (with 16 – 18 year olds) will pay admission for self-guided visits at all times.
- School visit (with 5 – 15 year olds) will need to take place on a weekday during UK term time to qualify for free admission
- If you are visiting outside these times or do not make an advance booking then you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
- Your school must make a direct booking with IWM to qualify for free term time admission. Bookings made via a travel operator/third party organiser are subject to admission charges.
- For full details see Terms and Conditions.
Please do not make travel arrangements until you have received a Visit Confirmation letter. We are not able to make provisional bookings or respond to queries by phone or fax.
Requests for changes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to amend a confirmed booking.