Keep Your Aircraft at Duxford Airfield
Duxford airfield, part of IWM Duxford, is the best preserved Second World War airfield in Europe and is home to a wide variety of historic civil and military aircraft, many in flying condition.
Vintage aircraft regularly take to the skies over the airfield including Spitfires, Hurricanes, Mustangs or the only B-17 Flying Fortress flying in Europe, alongside General Aviation aircraft such as Cessnas, Pipers and Robins.
Why not based your aircraft at the airfield and become part of what makes IWM Duxford so special?
- Single and group ownership are welcome.
- Hard-surface tie-downs on the aprons are available (there is no available hangarage).
- Duxford airfield is licensed and has both hard and grass runways – 06/24. The hard runway is 1,199m long. The 880m grass runway is well drained and always usable.
- Airspace to the north and east is largely uncontrolled, with Stansted and Luton CTAs to the south.
- Duxford airfield offers a FIS service and is open from 10am to 6pm in the summer and from 10am to 4pm in the winter (local times). Out-of hours arrival and departure is available upon request. Flight planning, met and Notam facilities are available during opening hours in the comfortable briefing room. The airfield also has an agreement with the UK Border Control, facilitating flights to and from Europe.
- IWM Duxford has 24 hour security.
- IWM Duxford offers a variety of catering facilities across the museum as well as hot drinks in the Tower Briefing Room.
- Fuel (avgas and Jet A1) is available by bowser during opening hours; accounts available.
- Fowlmere and Cambridge are local airfields for diversion if needed. Our local navaid is the Barkway VOR, about 6nm from the airfield.
- Whilst a responsible attitude to safe flying is required, together with respect for the museum and airfield’s neighbours, flying at Duxford airfield is a relaxed and enjoyable experience.
- Parking rates for light aircraft are £1,500 per annum, £840 for six months and £180 per month. The latter contract is also suitable for basing aircraft at Duxford airfield during the winter months. Terms and conditions apply, including security and insurance requirements.
- Landings are free for Duxford airfield-based aircraft (in normal use).
- In preparation for air shows and other major public events, owners need to move their aircraft to a different part of the airfield for brief periods. General Aviation aircraft are also requested to give appropriate priority to warbirds for displays and as may be required.
If you are interested in keeping your aircraft at Duxford airfield, please call the Airfield Manager on 01223 497 987 or email at email@example.com.