Flying Legends Air Show 2017
Sat 8 July 2017 – Sun 9 July 2017
Tickets are no longer available for Sunday 9 July.
Please do not travel to IWM Duxford today without a ticket.
The Flying Legends Air Show is organised and produced by The Fighter Collection, based at IWM Duxford.
This event has passed but tickets will be on sale for Flying Legends Air Show 2018 in January 2018.
Flying Legends combines flying displays of remarkable historic aircraft with engaging nostalgic activities to create an authentic 1940s atmosphere at IWM Duxford’s wartime airfield:
- Rare aircraft travel across the globe to take part in the Air Show, performing exceptional aerial spectacles
- The Red Arrows will only be flying on Sunday 9 July at 13.20. The detailed flying program and timing may vary due to aircraft serviceability, pilot availability and weather conditions.
- The world-renowned balbo, a massed-formation flying finale, features many of the aircraft which have thrilled the audience during the flying display
- The Vintage Village offers an evocative trip back in time, including the opportunity to have a photograph sitting in a replica Spitfire.
For further information visit www.flyinglegends.com Please remember to book your free parking pass if you are planning to drive. If you are a Gold or Silver pass holder, you will receive a free VIP parking pass with your booking (we will always provide a sufficient number for your party size) and do not need to book this separately.
Buses run from Cambridge Railway Station, Trumpington Park & Ride and Royston Railway Station to IWM Duxford on air show days. Please do not travel unless you have already booked your ticket - they aren't for sale on the gate.
Travelling By Car
Follow the signposted routes.
Please do not travel unless you already have your admission ticket and car park permit - they aren't available at the gate. We will operate a traffic management system on the M11, A505 and surrounding roads.
We hope that you’ll enjoy the Flying Legends air show this weekend, staged at IWM Duxford by our partners The Fighter Collection.
To help plan your day, here are our most popular FAQs. For full FAQs please visit www.flyinglegends.com
How do I get there?
- There will be courtesy buses from Cambridge Railway Station via Trumpington Park & Ride and from Royston Railway Station at regular intervals, beginning at 8.30am. Buses will return to the stations at regular intervals from 3pm and then every 30 minutes, with the last bus leaving IWM Duxford at 6.30pm. Timings of buses may be affected by local road traffic congestion.
- The Royston Courtesy bus will drop off at the Officers Mess, not at the Visitor Centre on arrival at IWM Duxford.
- Car parks will open at 8am and close at 7pm on each day.
- If you are travelling by car, please follow the signposted routes and not your Sat Nav.
- Cars must have a valid car parking permit on display. Please print at home and display it on your dashboard upon your arrival.
- Traffic management staff will be checking for vehicle parking permits on arrival at the car parks.
- The last chance to book a car park permit for Saturday is 11.59pm on Friday 7 July and for Sunday parking, please book by 11.59pm Saturday 8 July. Car park permits are free but must be ordered online.
- Please arrive early and allow plenty of time for your journey, both getting to and leaving us at the end of the show.
- Unfortunately all the available designated disabled parking spaces for this Air Show have been booked. Parking is still available at the Air Show and can be booked online but we are unable to guarantee that a space will be available close to the Air Show entrances.
- For Disabled Visitors using one of the courtesy bus services and requiring a wheelchair or mobility scooter, we have a limited number available for use/hire on site. It is essential to make a reservation in advance to avoid disappointment on the day. Please contact our hire company partners, Bartrams, direct on 01353 778756.
Will I need to show my tickets?
- Please note that there are no tickets for sale on the door.
- You'll need to show your tickets when you arrive at the air show. If you've booked tickets via the website, you will have been sent an e-ticket - you can print this out at home or show it to the team on your phone or tablet so they can scan it for you.
- If you’ve booked a Gold or Silver pass, you should have been sent your tickets by post. Please make sure you bring your lanyard and parking permit.
- Please make sure you have a valid ticket (with a readable barcode) for everyone in your party before midnight on Friday 7 July for the Saturday show and midnight Saturday 8 July for the Sunday show.
- Please ensure you purchase tickets for children aged 5 – 16 and print out any free tickets for under 4s (0-4 year olds).
- Don’t forget to select and print your FREE vehicle permit when ordering tickets for Flying Legends 2017.
- If you arrive without a printed pass you will be redirected to Park & Ride.
- Remember, please bring along any proof of concession too.
When do doors open?
- Car parks open at 8am and courtesy buses start running from 8.30am.
- The site opens at 8am.
- Arrive early to avoid queues and enjoy the showground fun, including access to all of IWM Duxford’s exhibitions, hangars and attractions to explore.
- Please be prepared for security checks on entry.
What do I need to bring?
- Please feel free to bring your own packed lunches or picnics, but there is a restaurant and two cafés at IWM Duxford which are open on the day of the air show.
- Food and drink stalls are also located around the showground.
- Please don’t bring a barbecue, for safety reasons, they aren’t allowed anywhere on site.
- Air shows are extremely busy - please make catering staff aware if you have any food allergies or needs so they can help you make the best choices.
- Make sure you bring enough cash - there are limited withdrawal facilities on site.
- Remember to bring all your tickets, printed correctly with barcodes and your car parking permit if you intend to park on site. You can’t buy extra on the day!
- Gold pass holders MUST bring their lanyards. We are unable to admit customers with the e-ticket only. Please make sure to display your car parking pass on arrival at IWM Duxford.
Are there any rules for the site?
- Windbreaks and tents cannot be attached to the display barrier as they can spoil the view for other visitors, please keep these behind the white line. Stepladders are not allowed on site.
- Please leave your pets at home – they won’t like the noise and should not be left in cars.
- Air shows are loud and noisy – it’s part of the fun. Please do try and protect children by wearing air defenders where possible.
What happens if it rains on the day?
- Remember to check the forecasts on the day and dress appropriately.
- Bring sunscreen and sun hats, especially for children.
- Air shows will not be cancelled due to rain. The flying display is always subject to weather, but it's unusual to not see any aircraft flying. The whole of IWM Duxford is also open on the day including our eight indoor exhibition spaces which will offer a full day out whatever the weather.
- Find out more about the exhibitions to plan your visit and what to see and do on the day.