First World War Galleries: Centenary Campaign
As part of IWM’s First World War centenary commemorations, we will be redeveloping our First World War Galleries at IWM London so that we can display more of our rich and diverse Collections and place the Great War in a broader international context.
Our current galleries date back to the late 1980s, when the last significant investment in IWM London was made and when the majority of our visitors knew – or were – veterans. Our new galleries will tell life stories and demonstrate how past conflicts have shaped present day society, making our Collections relevant to contemporary audiences and engaging visitors of all ages with the issues of war and conflict.
Our First World War Galleries: Centenary Campaign will help us to:
- Create new galleries that follow the historical narrative of the Great War more clearly
- Anchor the First World War narrative in a new starting point at 1900 – essential for a fuller understanding
- Display previously unseen artefacts and tell the hidden stories behind existing exhibits
- Bring our rich art collection out of the shadows and integrate it with our other collections
- Use the latest interactive technology and multimedia to bring the past to life
To find out more about the redevelopment of the First World War Galleries at IWM London, please visit Transforming IWM London.
For more information please contact the Development Department, email@example.com.