IWM Youth Advisers
We are a unique, enthusiastic group of young people aged 14-19 who work at Imperial War Museums to inspire the next generation.
We meet monthly to provide a fresh perspective on different aspects of the museum. Through our involvement with IWM we also aim to attract more young people to visit.
This is a fantastic opportunity for us to have our voices heard, to gain skills for employment and to meet other like minded young people. We all have a passionate approach to every project with which we are involved.
What is our Manifesto?
- To give young people a recognised voice in IWM and through this offer a fresh look at IWM's ways of working and IWM's collections.
- To get more young people between the ages of 14-19 involved in IWM independently
- To work on at least two corporate plan priority projects - such as leading exhibitions or key events - throughout the year
- To continue to develop and make IWM Youth Advisers more self-sufficient in the future
- To develop our skills set and to build an active IWM youth community
What's been going on behind the scenes?
- See what we've been up to in our photo gallery
- Watch a film about the IWM Youth Advisers
- Read our blog posts on the Transforming IWM London blog
- Like us on Facebook to keep up to date
- Watch New Perspectives films made at IWM Summer School in 2013
- Watch Hear My Story films made at IWM Summer School in 2014
- Watch Home Front Memories films made at IWM Summer School in 2015
- Watch Moving Stories films made at IWM Summer School in 2016.
For more information on our Youth Advisers programme, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org