Projects and Partnerships
Project work is critical to the delivery of IWM’s objectives. We are currently working on several important projects and these are detailed in our Corporate Plan.
Our highest organisational priority is the First World War Centenary Programme, which will see IWM mark the centenary of the Great War in 2014–2018 by leading a vibrant, four year programme of cultural activities across the country. This includes the opening of brand new First World War Galleries and an enhanced atrium space at IWM London in 2014, the first in a series of long term redevelopment plans which will transform our flagship branch.
There are other important projects underway across our branches. This activity demonstrates our focus on audiences and innovation, our capacity to evolve and how we seek to use our resources efficiently and effectively.
We work in collaboration with a broad range of partners and this activity brings many benefits:
- Reaching broader audiences nationally and internationally
- Widening access to our existing collections
- Bringing the opportunity to build our collections
- Increasing our knowledge and understanding of our collections
- Sharing ideas, skills and resources
- Building capacity within the museums sector and beyond
Our First World War Centenary Programme is an example of our approach to working in partnership with a broad range of different organisations.