The iconic IWM North at The Quays in Manchester, designed by world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, represents a globe shattered by conflict. Inside visitors can explore how war shapes and impacts lives through the dynamic displays, powerful changing exhibitions, The Big Picture Show (a dynamic 360-degree light and sound display), tours, object handling sessions, and family activities. The building also offers spectacular views over The Quays and Manchester from our 29-metre-high viewing platform.
To download high-resolution images, free for press use, please use the Press Extranet.
Find out about filming in IWM North.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM North please contact:
Alex Knight, Press and PR Manager, email@example.com / 0161 836 4040
Lorna McBride, Press and PR Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 836 4046
Mixing It: The Changing Faces of Wartime Britain
Released: 2 September 2015 11:11am
With large-scale movements of people into Britain, the national and ethnic diversity of the population during the Second World War was unprecedented. On display for the first time, Mixing It: The Changing Faces of Wartime Britain will reveal forgotten histories of those who came to the country, based on new research by the University of Huddersfield, as part of a curatorial partnership with IWM.
Horrible Histories: Blitzed Brits Press Release
Released: 18 June 2015 10:01am
Seventy-five years ago, Britain faced one of the greatest dangers in its history – the Blitz. Now, to mark the anniversary, IWM North, part of Imperial War Museums, in Manchester has teamed up with Horrible Histories® to reveal some of the terrible truths behind this catastrophic conflict.
- 2015 at IWM North Released: 11 February 2015 11:15am
- WithDraw Released: 11 February 2015 11:06am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:38pm
First World War Press Releases
- Help Lives of the First World War remember the Battle of the Somme Released: 2 July 2015 11:26am
- Last Chance to See First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 29 January 2015 3:14pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership marks the 100 year anniversary of the Christmas Truce Released: 27 November 2014 2:20pm
- Imperial War Musuems Remember Released: 3 November 2014 11:42am
- First World War Centenary Partnership Remembers Released: 3 November 2014 11:40am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:36pm
- Bob and Roberta Smith Released: 7 July 2014 4:17pm
- Posters of the First World War Released: 26 June 2014 10:49am
- Horticulture IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:39am
- Summer Holiday Activities IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:35am
- First World War Poems from the Front Released: 3 June 2014 6:15pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership commemorates through poetry, literature and spoken word Released: 20 March 2014 11:31am
- World War Centenary Partnership - Women in the First World War Released: 7 March 2014 10:57am
- IWM Announces the First World War Centenary Partnership Programme Released: 1 November 2013 2:42pm
- First World War Centenary Released: 11 October 2012 3:03pm