The iconic IWM North at The Quays in Manchester, designed by world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, represents a globe shattered by conflict. Inside visitors can explore how war shapes and impacts lives through the dynamic displays, powerful changing exhibitions, The Big Picture Show (a dynamic 360-degree light and sound display), tours, object handling sessions, and family activities. The building also offers spectacular views over The Quays and Manchester from our 29-metre-high viewing platform.
To download high-resolution images, free for press use, please use the Press Extranet.
Find out about filming in IWM North.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM North please contact:
Alex Knight, Press and PR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 836 4040
Lorna McBride, Press and PR Assistant, email@example.com / 0161 836 4046
- What's on Released: 24 February 2014 4:43pm
- Top Secret: Spies, Disguise and Ways to Hide Released: 18 February 2014 5:24pm
- From Street to Trench: A World War That Shaped A Region Released: 18 February 2014 5:20pm
- Syria: Humanity in Conflict Released: 18 February 2014 5:01pm
- What’s on at IWM in 2014 Released: 20 December 2013 4:24pm
- JRR Tolkien’s revolver reveals true First World War story behind The Hobbit Released: 12 December 2013 4:32pm
- Calling all Sketchers, Scribblers and Doodlers this Half Term Released: 1 October 2013 4:19pm
- Catalyst: Contemporary Art and War Released: 8 August 2013 10:09am
Get Fit for Action this Summer at IWM North
Released: 1 July 2013 2:53pm
Saturday 20 July to Wednesday 4 September
Have a Horrible Half Term at IWM North
Released: 22 May 2013 4:04pm
IWM North is inviting families to visit this half term and find out just how rotten wartime rationing was.