The iconic IWM North at The Quays in Manchester, designed by world-renowned architect Daniel Libeskind, represents a globe shattered by conflict. Inside visitors can explore how war shapes and impacts lives through the dynamic displays, powerful changing exhibitions, The Big Picture Show (a dynamic 360-degree light and sound display), tours, object handling sessions, and family activities.
The Press Office is able to provide high-resolution images, free for press use, that relate to IWM North, as well as our exhibitions and events programme. Please contact Angela Kirk on email@example.com for further information.
Find out about filming in IWM North.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM North please contact:
Angela Kirk, Press and PR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 836 4040
- Rare Wyndham Lewis drawing from Brian Sewell’s private art collection to feature in IWM North retrospective Released: 21 June 2017 10:06am
- Wayne Hemingway and Lucy Siegle on Fashion and Sustainability at IWM North 5 October Released: 12 August 2016 3:13pm
- Summer events and exhibitions at IWM North Released: 26 July 2016 3:03pm
- IWM marks the 75th Anniversary of clothes rationing with #WhatMyFamilyWore Released: 31 May 2016 1:44pm
- Special Exhibition Fashion on the Ration at IWM North 27 May 2016 Released: 30 March 2016 4:26pm
- Special Exhibition Fashion on the Ration at IWM North Released: 11 March 2016 1:42pm
- IWM North marks the 75th Anniversary of the Christmas Blitz Released: 14 December 2015 11:41am
- IWM North marks the 75th Anniversary of the Christmas Blitz Released: 3 December 2015 4:34pm
Mixing It: The Changing Faces of Wartime Britain
Released: 2 September 2015 11:11am
With large-scale movements of people into Britain, the national and ethnic diversity of the population during the Second World War was unprecedented. On display for the first time, Mixing It: The Changing Faces of Wartime Britain will reveal forgotten histories of those who came to the country, based on new research by the University of Huddersfield, as part of a curatorial partnership with IWM.
- 2015 at IWM North Released: 11 February 2015 11:15am
- WithDraw Released: 11 February 2015 11:06am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:38pm