IWM London, located on Lambeth Road, explores how the history of modern conflict affects us all, from the front line to the home front. Exhibits range from objects of war to photographs and personal letters; they include film and sound recordings and some of the twentieth century's best-known paintings. Many of the world’s leading experts on all aspects of modern conflict work at IWM London.
IWM London is transforming – we are creating brand new, ground-breaking First World War Galleries alongside building a new central atrium space with large object displays and new shops and cafes.
IWM London is temporarily closed 6 January – 19 July 2014 as we 'Transform IWM London'. The museum will re-open with the new major exhibition Truth and Memory: British Art of the First World War, our brand new First World War Galleries, a new Atrium, new shops and a park-side café.
Find out more at Transforming IWM London.
Save the Date: 16 July 2014 – IWM London Press Preview Day
The Press Preview for IWM London’s new First World War Galleries, atrium and large object displays and major First World War art exhibition –Truth and Memory – will be on 16 July.
If you would like to register to attend or receive further information about the Press Preview, please contact Kate Crowther on email@example.com with your contact details.
Images and Film
To download high-resolution images related to IWM and our exhibitions and events, free for press use, please use the Press Extranet. You will first need log-in details. Please email Kate Crowther on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To research images or other resources from IWM’s collection, please use the Collections Search or, to order images and resources for press use, contact our Image and Film Sales or Documents teams for more information on using our collections, and on licensing:
Image Archive and Image Sales: 020 7416 5215/5309 email@example.com
Film Archive and Film Sales: 020 7416 5291/5292 firstname.lastname@example.org
At IWM London we handle a broad range of filming projects, from news pieces on our latest exhibitions and displays and in depth interviews with our resident experts, to filming behind the scenes with our Collections and documentaries.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM London please contact:
Bryony Phillips, Corporate Communications Manager, email@example.com / 020 7416 5316
Nina Dellow, Senior Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7091 3069
Kate Crowther, Acting Press Officer, email@example.com / 020 7416 5497
Michelle Wong, Marketing and Press Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7416 5390
- WREN Supports IWM London's First World War Galleries Released: 24 March 2014 4:51pm
- Truth and Memory: British Art of the First World War Released: 20 March 2014 2:40pm
- IWM Short Film Festival judges announced Released: 20 March 2014 11:32am
- First World War Centenary Partnership commemorates through poetry, literature and spoken word Released: 20 March 2014 11:31am
- IWM London closure Released: 24 February 2014 4:50pm
- IWM London 2014 Released: 24 February 2014 4:49pm
- What's on Released: 24 February 2014 4:41pm
- What’s on at IWM in 2014 Released: 20 December 2013 4:24pm
- IWM London to temporarily close while transformation works continue Released: 6 December 2013 4:08pm
- Peyton and Byrne wins IWM London contract Released: 6 November 2013 9:53am