IWM Duxford, close to Cambridge, is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War fighter station with a remarkable history that dates back to its establishment in 1918. This famous heritage site began life as an airfield during the latter stages of the First World War. It went on to play a vital role during the Second World War, firstly as an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain and later as a United States Army Air Force fighter base. IWM Duxford is still a working airfield today from which historic aircraft fly on a daily basis.
IWM Duxford houses one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and large exhibits in the country. Through the rich displays of aircraft and large exhibits, together with the powerful stories of the people involved in historic events, visitors can find out about the impact of aviation on the nature of war, on people's lives and the history of the region.
Air Show Press Accreditation
Every year, we accredit around 600 journalists, reviewers and broadcasters in order to review IWM Duxford’s Air Shows. If you are on assignment for a recognised media publication or organisation, and would like to apply for media accreditation simply download and complete the media accreditation form for your chosen Air Show and return it to Esther Blaine with the required accompanying information.
Find out about filming at IWM Duxford.
Contact Us / Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM Duxford please contact:
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:37pm
- What's on Released: 24 February 2014 4:40pm
- What’s on at IWM in 2014 Released: 20 December 2013 4:23pm
- IWM Duxford-based Catalina takes on a round-Britain challenge Released: 21 August 2013 2:47pm
- Spring Air Show flying participation Released: 3 May 2013 12:38pm
- Unique display at the Spring Air Show Released: 3 May 2013 12:37pm
- 70th anniversary of American Forces at RAF Duxford Released: 3 May 2013 12:33pm
First World War Press Releases
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:36pm
- First World War Galleries at IWM London Released: 7 July 2014 4:24pm
- Bob and Roberta Smith Released: 7 July 2014 4:17pm
- Posters of the First World War Released: 26 June 2014 10:49am
- Horticulture IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:39am
- Summer Holiday Activities IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:35am
- First World War Poems from the Front Released: 3 June 2014 6:15pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership commemorates through poetry, literature and spoken word Released: 20 March 2014 11:31am
- World War Centenary Partnership - Women in the First World War Released: 7 March 2014 10:57am
- IWM Announces the First World War Centenary Partnership Programme Released: 1 November 2013 2:42pm
- First World War Centenary Released: 11 October 2012 3:03pm