IWM Duxford, close to Cambridge, is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War fighter station with a remarkable history that dates back to its establishment in 1918. This famous heritage site began life as an airfield during the latter stages of the First World War. It went on to play a vital role during the Second World War, firstly as an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain and later as a United States Army Air Force fighter base. IWM Duxford is still a working airfield today from which historic aircraft fly on a daily basis.
IWM Duxford houses one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and large exhibits in the country. Through the rich displays of aircraft and large exhibits, together with the powerful stories of the people involved in historic events, visitors can find out about the impact of aviation on the nature of war, on people's lives and the history of the region.
Air Show Press Accreditation
Every year, we accredit around 600 journalists, reviewers and broadcasters in order to review IWM Duxford’s Air Shows. If you are on assignment for a recognised media publication or organisation, and would like to apply for media accreditation simply download and complete the media accreditation form for your chosen Air Show and return it to Esther Blaine at email@example.com with the required accompanying information. Please type out your applications and ensure that you have read the terms and conditions.
As in 2016, the organisers of the Flying Legends Air Show will be inviting selected media to review this particular air show. If you wish to express interest in reviewing the Flying Legends Air Show 2017, please email Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager at IWM Duxford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the media accreditation form for The Duxford Air Festival
Download the media accreditation form for The Duxford Battle of Britain Air Show
Find out about filming at IWM Duxford.
Contact Us / Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM Duxford please contact:
Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager, email@example.com / 01223 499 320
- Meet the Authors at IWM Duxford's Battle of Britain Air Show Released: 12 September 2017 4:00pm
- Over 40 Historic Aircraft in IWM Duxford's Battle of Britain Air Show Released: 12 September 2017 3:34pm
- Artist Nick Ryan to reveal spectacular sensory art installation DX17, created tomark IWM Duxford’s centenary year Released: 12 June 2017 9:10am
- Thrills galore at the Flying Legends Air Show Released: 2 June 2017 11:33am
- Artist Nick Ryan creates spectacular art installation DX17 to mark IWM Duxford’s centenary year. Released: 5 May 2017 10:48am
- IWM Duxford marks 100 Years with a special Centenary Programme Released: 5 May 2017 10:45am
- Exciting new flying announced for the Duxford Air Festival at IWM Duxford Released: 5 May 2017 10:42am
- The Duxford Air Festival 2017 Released: 9 February 2017 3:26pm
- 2017 Aviation Event Days at IWM Duxford Released: 27 January 2017 12:07pm
- February Half Term at IWM Duxford Released: 27 January 2017 11:24am
- The Victor moves to the Conservation in Action hangar for conservation work Released: 9 November 2016 2:04pm
- Remembrance Sunday at IWM Duxford Released: 3 November 2016 1:40pm
- Winter maintenance on rare Lancaster aircraft can be seen by visitors to IWM Duxford Released: 18 October 2016 1:56pm
- Veterans recall memories of life at RAF Duxford at the September air show this weekend Released: 7 September 2016 11:43am
- Four rare Mark I Spitfires feature in a formation of twelve Spitfires at IWM Duxford’s Air Show Released: 31 August 2016 11:18am