IWM Duxford, close to Cambridge, is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War fighter station with a remarkable history that dates back to its establishment in 1918. This famous heritage site began life as an airfield during the latter stages of the First World War. It went on to play a vital role during the Second World War, firstly as an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain and later as a United States Army Air Force fighter base. IWM Duxford is still a working airfield today from which historic aircraft fly on a daily basis.
IWM Duxford houses one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and large exhibits in the country. Through the rich displays of aircraft and large exhibits, together with the powerful stories of the people involved in historic events, visitors can find out about the impact of aviation on the nature of war, on people's lives and the history of the region.
Air Show Press Accreditation
Every year, we accredit around 600 journalists, reviewers and broadcasters in order to review IWM Duxford’s Air Shows. If you are on assignment for a recognised media publication or organisation, and would like to apply for media accreditation simply download and complete the media accreditation form for your chosen Air Show and return it to Esther Blaine at firstname.lastname@example.org with the required accompanying information. Please type out your applications and ensure that you have read the terms and conditions.
New for 2015: there is no open media accreditation process for the Flying Legends Air Show. For further information please contact Esther Blaine at email@example.com.
Find out about filming at IWM Duxford.
Contact Us / Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM Duxford please contact:
Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 499 320
First World War Press Releases
- Last Chance to See First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 29 January 2015 3:14pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership marks the 100 year anniversary of the Christmas Truce Released: 27 November 2014 2:20pm
- Imperial War Musuems Remember Released: 3 November 2014 11:42am
First World War Centenary Partnership Remembers
Released: 3 November 2014 11:40am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:36pm
- Bob and Roberta Smith Released: 7 July 2014 4:17pm
- Posters of the First World War Released: 26 June 2014 10:49am
- Horticulture IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:39am
- Summer Holiday Activities IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:35am
- First World War Poems from the Front Released: 3 June 2014 6:15pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership commemorates through poetry, literature and spoken word Released: 20 March 2014 11:31am
- World War Centenary Partnership - Women in the First World War Released: 7 March 2014 10:57am
- IWM Announces the First World War Centenary Partnership Programme Released: 1 November 2013 2:42pm
- First World War Centenary Released: 11 October 2012 3:03pm