IWM Duxford, close to Cambridge, is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War fighter station with a remarkable history that dates back to its establishment in 1918. This famous heritage site began life as an airfield during the latter stages of the First World War. It went on to play a vital role during the Second World War, firstly as an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain and later as a United States Army Air Force fighter base. IWM Duxford is still a working airfield today from which historic aircraft fly on a daily basis.
IWM Duxford houses one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and large exhibits in the country. Through the rich displays of aircraft and large exhibits, together with the powerful stories of the people involved in historic events, visitors can find out about the impact of aviation on the nature of war, on people's lives and the history of the region.
Air Show Press Accreditation
Every year, we accredit around 600 journalists, reviewers and broadcasters in order to review IWM Duxford’s Air Shows. If you are on assignment for a recognised media publication or organisation, and would like to apply for media accreditation simply download and complete the media accreditation form for your chosen Air Show and return it to Esther Blaine at email@example.com with the required accompanying information. Please type out your applications and ensure that you have read the terms and conditions.
As in 2015, the organisers of the Flying Legends Air Show will be inviting selected media to review this particular air show. If you wish to express interest in reviewing the Flying Legends Air Show 2016, please email Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager at IWM Duxford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the media accreditation form for The American Air Show.
Download the media accreditation form for The Duxford Air Show: Meet the Fighters.
Find out about filming at IWM Duxford.
Contact Us / Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM Duxford please contact:
Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager, email@example.com / 01223 499 320
- Winter maintenance on rare Lancaster aircraft can be seen by visitors to IWM Duxford Released: 18 October 2016 1:56pm
- Veterans recall memories of life at RAF Duxford at the September air show this weekend Released: 7 September 2016 11:43am
- Four rare Mark I Spitfires feature in a formation of twelve Spitfires at IWM Duxford’s Air Show Released: 31 August 2016 11:18am
- August Bank Holiday Fun at IWM Duxford Released: 25 August 2016 4:55pm
- IWM Duxford’s Airfield Rescue and Firefighting Service awarded Top International Fire Training Centre Aerodrome 2015 Released: 1 August 2016 4:29pm
- Public funding campaign and conservation work starts on IWM Duxford’s rare Handley Page Victor Released: 1 August 2016 4:16pm
- Rare First World War Sopwith Pup aircraft on display at IWM Duxford this summer Released: 1 August 2016 4:11pm
- Partners in Flight: An interactive learning programme from IWM Duxford Released: 12 July 2016 4:45pm
- Unique flight by F-22 Raptor and P-51 Mustang at the Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford Released: 7 July 2016 11:03am
- The Flying Legends Air Show at IWM Duxford Released: 7 July 2016 10:57am
- Summer Holiday Activities at IWM Duxford Released: 16 June 2016 4:27pm
- One week to The American Air Show Released: 24 May 2016 10:10am
- Photography Days at IWM Duxford Released: 19 May 2016 9:35am
- Cutting-edge aviation technology on show at IWM Duxford’s American Air Show Released: 18 May 2016 11:41am
- Presentation of the Whale at IWM Duxford Released: 3 May 2016 5:02pm
First World War Press Releases
- Imperial War Museums announces new screenings of the 1916 blockbuster film The Battle of the Somme Released: 7 September 2016 10:50am
- Imperial War Museums asks the public to share their Somme connection on Lives of the First World War Released: 5 July 2016 1:12pm
- The Battle of Jutland, “a magnificent spectacle, one never to be forgotten” Released: 23 May 2016 12:33pm
- IWM Publishes New Book: The Somme: A Visual History Released: 18 May 2016 4:51pm
- IWM Announces Battle of the Somme Programme Released: 18 May 2016 4:50pm
- Commemorative events mark the Jutland centenary Released: 9 May 2016 11:41am
- Previously unseen Royal letters held by Imperial War Museums are to go on display at the National Museum of the Royal Navy Released: 30 March 2016 12:05pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership explores the Centenary of the Easter Rising Released: 22 March 2016 12:20pm
- Conscription 100 Years On – Discover stories at Lives of the First World War Released: 2 March 2016 3:16pm
- Looking ahead, the First World War Centenary in 2016 Released: 14 January 2016 11:03am
- Help Lives of the First World War remember the Battle of the Somme Released: 2 July 2015 11:26am
- Last Chance to See First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 29 January 2015 3:14pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership marks the 100 year anniversary of the Christmas Truce Released: 27 November 2014 2:20pm
- Imperial War Musuems Remember Released: 3 November 2014 11:42am
- First World War Centenary Partnership Remembers Released: 3 November 2014 11:40am