IWM Duxford, close to Cambridge, is Britain’s best-preserved Second World War fighter station with a remarkable history that dates back to its establishment in 1918. This famous heritage site began life as an airfield during the latter stages of the First World War. It went on to play a vital role during the Second World War, firstly as an RAF fighter station during the Battle of Britain and later as a United States Army Air Force fighter base. IWM Duxford is still a working airfield today from which historic aircraft fly on a daily basis.
IWM Duxford houses one of the finest collections of tanks, military vehicles and large exhibits in the country. Through the rich displays of aircraft and large exhibits, together with the powerful stories of the people involved in historic events, visitors can find out about the impact of aviation on the nature of war, on people's lives and the history of the region.
Air Show Press Accreditation
Every year, we accredit around 600 journalists, reviewers and broadcasters in order to review IWM Duxford’s Air Shows. If you are on assignment for a recognised media publication or organisation, and would like to apply for media accreditation simply download and complete the media accreditation form for your chosen Air Show and return it to Esther Blaine at email@example.com with the required accompanying information. Please type out your applications and ensure that you have read the terms and conditions.
As in 2015, the organisers of the Flying Legends Air Show will be inviting selected media to review this particular air show. If you wish to express interest in reviewing the Flying Legends Air Show 2016, please email Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager at IWM Duxford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the media accreditation form for The American Air Show.
Download the media accreditation form for The Duxford Air Show: Meet the Fighters.
Find out about filming at IWM Duxford.
Contact Us / Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to IWM Duxford please contact:
Esther Blaine, Public Relations Manager, email@example.com / 01223 499 320
- Presentation of the Whale at IWM Duxford Released: 3 May 2016 5:02pm
- Spring Bank Holiday at IWM Duxford Released: 3 May 2016 5:01pm
- The American Air Show highlights Released: 3 May 2016 4:59pm
- Transformed American Air Museum at IWM Duxford opens with new personal stories and objects Released: 16 March 2016 8:03am
- Transformed American Air Museum to open at IWM Duxford Released: 16 February 2016 12:55pm
- School holiday activities at IWM Duxford Released: 16 February 2016 12:54pm
- IWM Duxford Air Show Notice – Tickets and Changes Released: 3 February 2016 4:13pm
- IWM Duxford announces reopening of transformed American Air Museum and 2016 air show dates Released: 23 November 2015 3:19pm
- The Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show is now Sold Out Released: 16 September 2015 12:13pm
- Typhoon and Spitfire to fly together for the first time at IWM Duxford Released: 16 September 2015 12:11pm
- Duxford's People in the Battle of Britain at IWM Duxford Released: 16 September 2015 12:10pm
- IWM's newly-painted North American B-25J Mitchell aircraft is revealed Released: 16 September 2015 12:08pm
- Duxford Summer Holidays Released: 4 August 2015 9:58am
- Spitfires Released: 4 August 2015 9:54am
- The Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show narrative Released: 4 August 2015 9:54am
First World War Press Releases
- Previously unseen Royal letters held by Imperial War Museums are to go on display at the National Museum of the Royal Navy Released: 30 March 2016 12:05pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership explores the Centenary of the Easter Rising Released: 22 March 2016 12:20pm
- Conscription 100 Years On – Discover stories at Lives of the First World War Released: 2 March 2016 3:16pm
- Looking ahead, the First World War Centenary in 2016 Released: 14 January 2016 11:03am
- Help Lives of the First World War remember the Battle of the Somme Released: 2 July 2015 11:26am
- Last Chance to See First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 29 January 2015 3:14pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership marks the 100 year anniversary of the Christmas Truce Released: 27 November 2014 2:20pm
- Imperial War Musuems Remember Released: 3 November 2014 11:42am
- First World War Centenary Partnership Remembers Released: 3 November 2014 11:40am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:36pm
- Bob and Roberta Smith Released: 7 July 2014 4:17pm
- Posters of the First World War Released: 26 June 2014 10:49am
- Horticulture IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:39am
- Summer Holiday Activities IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:35am
- First World War Poems from the Front Released: 3 June 2014 6:15pm