HMS Belfast is a large light cruiser which saw action in both the Second World War and the Korean War and is just a short walk from both London Bridge and Tower Bridge. On board HMS Belfast you can discover the exciting stories of those who served on her through an immersive and engaging experience. Our special events and activities bring to life the ship’s history in D-Day, the Arctic Convoys and the sinking of the Scharnhorst.
Visitors can walk around the ship’s nine decks and imagine how sailors once hurried up and down its ladders. Or take a look at the mess desk where her 950-strong crew ate and slept and envisage what life was like in stormy seas and freezing conditions of the Arctic. HMS Belfast is a popular attraction for all the family and entry for children is free when accompanied by an adult.
Images and Film
To download high-resolution images related to IWM and our exhibitions and events, free for press use, please use the Press Extranet. You will first need log-in details. Please email Kate Crowther on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To research images or other resources from IWM’s collection, please use the Collections Search or, to order images and resources for press use, contact our Image and Film Sales or Documents teams for more information on using our collections, and on licensing:
Image Archive and Image Sales: 020 7416 5215/5309 email@example.com
Film Archive and Film Sales: 020 7416 5291/5292 firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out about filming on board HMS Belfast.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to HMS Belfast please contact:
Nina Dellow, Public Relations Manager,
email@example.com / 020 7091 3069
Kate Crowther, Press Assistant,
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7416 5497
- Hew Locke at IWM London and HMS Belfast Released: 19 February 2015 12:50pm
- HMS Belfast Commemorates 70th Anniversary of D-Day Released: 31 October 2014 10:43am
- What's on Released: 24 February 2014 4:39pm
- What’s on at IWM in 2014 Released: 20 December 2013 4:23pm
HMS Belfast's 75th Birthday Bash
Released: 20 February 2013 2:23pm
St Patrick's Day 2013 will mark 75 years since HMS Belfast was first launched in 1938.
- HMS Belfast Listings March to April Released: 8 February 2013 12:34pm
- Highlights from February to March Released: 8 February 2013 11:22am
First World War Press Releases
- Last Chance to See First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 29 January 2015 3:14pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership marks the 100 year anniversary of the Christmas Truce Released: 27 November 2014 2:20pm
- Imperial War Musuems Remember Released: 3 November 2014 11:42am
First World War Centenary Partnership Remembers
Released: 3 November 2014 11:40am
- Factsheet - 4 August 1914 Released: 31 July 2014 2:36pm
- Bob and Roberta Smith Released: 7 July 2014 4:17pm
- Posters of the First World War Released: 26 June 2014 10:49am
- Horticulture IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:39am
- Summer Holiday Activities IWM First World War Centenary Partnership Released: 20 June 2014 10:35am
- First World War Poems from the Front Released: 3 June 2014 6:15pm
- First World War Centenary Partnership commemorates through poetry, literature and spoken word Released: 20 March 2014 11:31am
- World War Centenary Partnership - Women in the First World War Released: 7 March 2014 10:57am
- IWM Announces the First World War Centenary Partnership Programme Released: 1 November 2013 2:42pm
- First World War Centenary Released: 11 October 2012 3:03pm