HMS Belfast is a large light cruiser which saw action in both the Second World War and the Korean War and is just a short walk from both London Bridge and Tower Bridge. On board HMS Belfast you can discover the exciting stories of those who served on her through an immersive and engaging experience. Our special events and activities bring to life the ship’s history in D-Day, the Arctic Convoys and the sinking of the Scharnhorst.
Visitors can walk around the ship’s nine decks and imagine how sailors once hurried up and down its ladders. Or take a look at the mess desk where her 950-strong crew ate and slept and envisage what life was like in stormy seas and freezing conditions of the Arctic. HMS Belfast is a popular attraction for all the family and entry for children is free when accompanied by an adult.
Images and Film
To download high-resolution images, free for press use, that relate to HMS Belfast, please email Ellie Fry on email@example.com for image sheets and further information.
To research images or other resources from IWM’s collection, please use the Collections Search or, to order images and resources for press use, contact our Image and Film Sales or Documents teams for more information on using our collections and on licensing:
Image Archive and Image Sales: 020 7416 5215/5309 firstname.lastname@example.org
Film Archive and Film Sales: 020 7416 5291/5292 email@example.com
Find out about filming on board HMS Belfast.
Contact Us/Press Visits
For more information or to arrange a press visit to HMS Belfast please contact:
Ellie Fry, Public Relations Manager,
EFry@iwm.org.uk / 0207 416 5365
- OCL Remix to take place on HMS Belfast Released: 20 April 2017 12:47pm
- Hew Locke at IWM London and HMS Belfast Released: 19 February 2015 12:50pm
- HMS Belfast Commemorates 70th Anniversary of D-Day Released: 31 October 2014 10:43am
- What’s on at IWM in 2014 Released: 20 December 2013 4:23pm
- HMS Belfast's 75th Birthday Bash Released: 20 February 2013 2:23pm
- HMS Belfast Listings March to April Released: 8 February 2013 12:34pm
- Highlights from February to March Released: 8 February 2013 11:22am