Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Turkey TR
- Beaumont-Hamel, Somme, France
- Asnières-sur-Oise, Val-d'Oise, France
- Australia AU
- C Beach, Suvla Bay
- Calais, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Doullens, Somme, France
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Ginchy, Somme, France
- Greece GR
- Guillemont, Somme, France
- Ireland IE
- Judaean Hills, Palestine
- La Boisselle, Somme, France
- Le Bac-du-Sud, Doullens Road, Doullens, Somme, France
- Ovillers-la-Boisselle, Somme, France
- Palestine (British Mandate and Occupied Territories) PI
- Scottish Women's Hospital, Royaumont Abbey, Asnières-sur-Oise, Val d'Oise, France
- Smol, Macedonia
- Suvla Bay, Gallipoli, Turkey
- Battles of the Somme 1916, Allied Offensive, Western Front, First World War
- Battle of Albert 1916, Battles of the Somme 1916, Western Front, First World War
- Battle of the Landing at Suvla, Battles of Suvla 1915, Gallipoli 1915-1916, Dardanelles, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Charity work for soldiers overseas 1914-1918, United Kingdom, First World War
- Egypt and Palestine 1915-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- First World War
- Last Hundred Days 1918, Final Allied Offensives 1918, Western Front, First World War
- Salonika Campaign 1915-1918, Balkans, First World War
- Western Front, First World War
- WW1 British Home Front
- British Army
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps
- British Army, 29th Division
- British Army, Field Ambulance
- German Army
- Alexandra, Queen
- British Army, 10th Division
- British Army, 56th Division
- British Army, Egyptian Expeditionary Force
- British Army, Irish Guards
- British Army, Lancashire Fusiliers
- British Army, Lancashire Fusiliers, 1st Battalion
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps, 68th Field Ambulance
- French Army
- Indian Army
- Ivens, Frances
- Royal Navy
- Turkish Army
- wounded / disabled
- Military Personnel
- Medical Services
- medical / convalescence
- military suffering
- portrait / personification
- Trench Warfare
- women / women's work
- aerial view
- artist's response
- Land Warfare
- Military housing
- military manoeuvres
(posters) Made by: Thomas, Bert (Undefined) 1917
Art.IWM PST 0415
whole: the image occupies the whole, with the title and text integrated and positioned in lower quarter, in blue. image: full-length depictions of a wounded soldier with a crutch, smoking a cigarette, and a wounded sailor with his arm in a sling, smoking...
(art) Made by: Orpen, William 1917
Art.IWM ART 2376
image: a full length depiction of a soldier, seemingly shell-shocked, standing in front of the edge of a dugout. It seems that his clothes have literally been blown away from his body, for he is naked but for a scrap of blanket across his hips, his boots...
part of "MINISTRY OF INFORMATION FIRST WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Brooks, Ernest (Lieutenant) (Photographer) 1917-07
Millicent Sutherland-Leveson-Gower, the Duchess of Sutherland, sitting with patients at No.9 Red Cross Hospital (Millicent Sutherland Ambulance) at Calais, July 1917.
part of "MINISTRY OF INFORMATION FIRST WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Brooks, Ernest (Lieutenant) (Photographer) 1917-07-31
Battle of Pilckem Ridge. Irish Guards in a trench attending to a wounded German soldier, 31st July 1917.
(art) Made by: Wilkinson, Norman 1915
Art.IWM ART 2452
image: A view down the beach at Suvla Bay with the sea to the left and a destroyer lying offshore. Boats filled with British troops land on the shore, and then make their way up the beach. In the foreground there is the body of a soldier who has been...
(art) Made by: Spencer, Stanley 1919
Art.IWM ART 2268
image: A dressing station seen from an elevated position. Four travoys pulled by mules wait in line outside the dressing station. Each holds a wounded soldier covered in a blanket and they are attended by medical orderlies. In the background is the...
The Scottish Women's Hospital : In The Cloister of the Abbaye at Royaumont. Dr. Frances Ivens inspecting a French patient.
(art) Made by: Neilson-Gray, Norah 1920
Art.IWM ART 3090
image: A view along the cloister of an abbey, in which there is a row of beds filled with patients on the left. In the left foreground three nurses tend to a male patient, who sits up in bed. Two French officers in horizon blue uniforms stand in the...
(art) Made by: Lamb, Henry 1919
Art.IWM ART 2746
image: An elevated viewpoint of a scene showing an encampment under bombardment at an hour before evening 'stand to'. Dense clouds of smoke drift across the scene from exploding shells. Soldiers run and attempt to shelter from the bombardment,...
part of "MINISTRY OF INFORMATION FIRST WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Brooks, Ernest (Lieutenant) (Photographer) 1916-09
Field Ambulance waggon passing over muddy ground near Ovillers, September 1916.
part of "MINISTRY OF INFORMATION FIRST WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Brooks, Ernest (Lieutenant) (Photographer) 1916-09-14
Indian Army stretcher-bearers bringing in a wounded officer near Ginchy, 14 September 1916.