Search Our Collections
- Devambez Imprimerie, Paris
- Hayward, Alfred
- Bangléy, Sim
- Banque Française
- Banque Nationale de Crédit
- Banque Privée
- Falter, H
- Friand, E
- Imprimerie Berger-Levrault, Nancy, Paris, Strasbourg
- Imprimerie Chaix, Paris
- Imprimerie Joseph Charles, Paris
- Imprimerie Militaire Berger-Levrault, Nancy et Paris
- Leroux, Auguste
- Malherbe, William
- Neilson-Gray, Norah
- Scott, Georges
- Union Amicale d'Alsace Lorraine
- Charing Cross Station, Charing Cross, London, England, UK
- Charing Cross, London, England, UK
- Great Britain GB
- Paris, Département de Ville de Paris, France
- Alsace, France
- Asnières-sur-Oise, Val-d'Oise, France
- Banque Française, Rue Scribe, Paris
- Banque Privée, Rue de la Hotel-de-Ville, Lyon
- Banque Privée, Rue Laffite, Paris
- Lorraine, France
- Lyon, Rhône, France
- Scottish Women's Hospital, Royaumont Abbey, Asnières-sur-Oise, Val d'Oise, France
- WW1 French Home Front
- First World War
- 3rd National Defence Loan 1917, Home Front, France, First World War
- 4th National Defence Loan 1918, Home Front, France, First World War
- WW1 French 3rd National Defence Loan
- WW1 French 4th National Defence Loan
- 2nd National Defence Loan 1916, Home Front, France, First World War
- Home Front, France, First World War
- women / women's work
- Military Personnel
- civilian effort
- war loans / savings
- flag / banner / standard
- medical / convalescence
- wounded / disabled
- civilian personnel
- Costume and fashion
- eating / drinking
- historical reference
- portrait / personification
(art) Made by: Hayward, Alfred 1918
Art.IWM ART 1884
image: Military personnel and civilians gather on a platform at Charing Cross station with a train at the platform beside them. In the left foreground a British Army staff officer, a French officer and a woman are standing by the side of the train. A man...
(posters) Made by: Bangléy, Sim (Undefined)
Art.IWM PST 12879
whole: eight images occupy the majority, each held within a narrow black border. The title is separate and positioned along the top edge, in black. The text is separate and positioned beneath each image, in black. All set against a white background....
Venez en Aide aux Soldats Alsaciens-Lorrains [Come to the Assistance of the Soldiers of Alsace-Lorraine]
(posters) Made by: Friand, E (Undefined) 1916
Art.IWM PST 11202
whole: the image occupies the majority, with the title separate and positioned across the top, in black cursive script. The text is positioned lower right, also in black cursive script. All set against a white background. image: a male civilian leaving...
(posters) Made by: Leroux, Auguste (Undefined) 1917
Art.IWM PST 10498
whole: the image covers the whole with the title integrated and placed across the top, and the text across the bottom. image: a bearded French 'poilu' holds and kisses his daughter. In the background right a woman breast feeds an infant. text:...
(art) Made by: Hayward, Alfred 1918
Art.IWM ART 1881
image: A large group of military personnel are gathered on a train platform in Charing Cross station, with a stationary train at the platform beside them. In the centre foreground stand two British Army commanders, Henry Rawlinson and Herbert Plumer, who...
The Scottish Women's Hospital : In The Cloister of the Abbaye at Royaumont. Dr. Frances Ivens inspecting a French patient.
(art) Made by: Neilson-Gray, Norah 1920
Art.IWM ART 3090
image: A view along the cloister of an abbey, in which there is a row of beds filled with patients on the left. In the left foreground three nurses tend to a male patient, who sits up in bed. Two French officers in horizon blue uniforms stand in the...
(posters) Made by: Falter, H (Undefined) 1918-10
Art.IWM PST 0498
whole: the image occupies the majority of the poster surface, with the title integrated and positioned top left. Further text is set across the bottom, in red and black. image: a drummer boy, dressed in Revolutionary uniform, leads ranks of French troops...
(posters) Made by: Scott, Georges (Undefined) 1917
Art.IWM PST 4400
whole: the image covers the whole, with the title integrated and placed in the top right corner. Further text is set across the foot of the poster. image: Marianne stands centrally, sword held aloft in her right hand and a war-torn Tricolore grasped in...
Souscrivez a l'Emprunt de la Libération et la Victoire est à Nous [Subscribe to the Liberation Loan and Victory will be Ours]
(posters) Made by: Malherbe, William (Undefined) 1918
Art.IWM PST 4354
whole: the image covers the whole, with the title integrated and positioned centre right and across the bottom. Further text located along the top in yellow. image: a French 'poilu' carries Marianne on his shoulder. In her right hand she...