Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Italy IT
- 'Shambles', Dunkirk, Nord, France
- 55th Casualty Clearing Station, Tincourt-Boucly
- Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, UK
- Australia AU
- Changi, Singapore
- Doberdò del Lago, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Doullens, Somme, France
- Dunkerque, Nord, France
- Germany (Federal Republic or West) DE
- Greece GR
- Le Bac-du-Sud, Doullens Road, Doullens, Somme, France
- No 115 British General Hospital
- Oostende, West Flanders, Belgium
- Queen's Hospital for Facial Injuries, Frognal, Sidcup, Kent, England, UK
- Sidcup, Kent, England, UK
- Singapore SG
- Smol, Macedonia
- St Martin's Cathedral, Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- Tincourt-Boucly, Somme, France
- Turkey TR
- X Ward, Changi Jail, Changi
- Western Front, First World War
- Italian Front 1915-1918, First World War
- Allied Prisoners of War Far East 1939-1945, Internment
- Battles of Ypres 1915, Western Front, First World War
- First World War
- Last Hundred Days 1918, Final Allied Offensives 1918, Western Front, First World War
- Liberation of Singapore Island 1945, Malaya, Second World War
- Naval Operations, Second World War
- North West Europe, Second World War
- Salonika Campaign 1915-1918, Balkans, First World War
- Spring Offensive, German Offensives 1918, Western Front, First World War
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps
- British Red Cross Society
- British Army
- Italian Army
- British Army, 55th Casualty Clearing Station
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps, 68th Field Ambulance
- French Army
- French Red Cross
- Imperial German Army
- Order of St John of Jerusalem
- Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service
- Royal Navy, ARCHANGEL (HMS)
(art) Made by: Lobley, J Hodgson 1918
Art.IWM ART 3756
image: The interior of a workshop with convalescent soldiers employed in making toys. In the foreground a group of soldiers sit around a pile of sawdust, all working at stuffing a teddybear. Each of the men has a facial injury; two are missing an eye,...
(art) Made by: Nevinson, C R W 1916
Art.IWM ART 725
image: Doctors and medical orderlies are treating injured soldiers in an open building with straw on the floor. One patient, stripped to the waist, is sitting up on a stretcher while a doctor inspects a loosely dressed wound to his head. Next to him a...
Orderly On His Rounds in X Ward, Changi Gaol, Singapore, With POW's Suffering from Starvation and Beri-Beri
(art) Made by: Cole, Leslie 1945
Art.IWM ART LD 5618
image: The interior of a sparsely furnished hut with four men sitting on bare board beds in the foreground. To the right stands another man, and a corridor peopled with figures beyond him. All the men are emaciated, though one figure has an incongrously...
(art) Made by: Zinkeisen, Doris Clare 1945
Art.IWM ART LD 5999
image: Two military ambulances are in the process of being unloaded. In the centre foreground two male orderlies carry a patient on a stretcher towards the hospital building. At the rear of the foremost truck, two other orderlies are reaching up to take...
(art) Made by: Spencer, Stanley 1919
Art.IWM ART 2268
image: A dressing station seen from an elevated position. Four travoys pulled by mules wait in line outside the dressing station. Each holds a wounded soldier covered in a blanket and they are attended by medical orderlies. In the background is the...
(art) Made by: Tonks, Henry 1918
Art.IWM ART 1922
image: A dressing station sited by a ruined church. The scene is crowded with casualties, many being brought in by stretcher-bearers. The men have bandaged limbs and some have head wounds. In the sky above there are dark grey clouds, possibly of smoke,...
(art) Made by: Lipscombe, Guy 1918
Art.IWM ART 1217
image: A night scene showing a group of wounded soldiers in the courtyard of an Italian farmyard. There are two stationary motor ambulances to the left and doctors attend a group of wounded lying on stretchers in the foreground. Walking wounded are...
(art) Made by: Lipscombe, Guy 1917
Art.IWM ART 1218
image: A first line dressing station set within a square in the Italian town of Doberdò del Lago on the Isonzo front. In the foreground wounded men on stretchers have been placed on the ground and are being tended to by medical personnel. Behind them is...
An Advanced Dressing-Station, France : cars supplied by the BRCS and Order of St John assisting in the evacuation of the wounded
(art) Made by: Mackey, Haydn Reynolds (MM) & Rogers, Gilbert (MBE)
Art.IWM ART 3835
image: A crowded scene in the courtyard of a bomb damaged farmhouse that has been converted into an advanced dressing station. Wounded British soldiers sit and stand in the courtyard, many bandaged and bloodied but predominantly walking wounded. They are...
(art) Made by: Power, H Septimus 1918
Art.IWM ART 1031
image: Wounded British soldiers are transferred from a motor ambulance to a Red Cross train, which is on a railway amongst trees. Orderlies and a QAIMNS nurse lift a stretcher onto the train, with another nurse looking on. Other British soldiers stand...