Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Great Britain
- Argentina AR
- Bergen, Lower Saxony, Germany
- Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, UK
- Brussels, Brabant, Belgium
- Changi, Singapore
- Falkland Islands FK
- Great Britain, Ireland GB
- Japan JP
- Norwich, Norfolk, England, UK
- Paddington, London, England, UK
- Singapore SG
- United Kingdom
- United States of America US
- USSR (Soviet Union) SU
- Home Front, UK, Second World War
- Allied Prisoners of War Far East 1939-1945, Internment
- Baedeker Raids 1942, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Cold War
- Falklands Conflict
- Liberation of Bergen-Belsen Concentration Camp 1945, Holocaust, Germany, Second World War
- post45 Northern Ireland- 08/7(415)
- Second World War
- Western Front, First World War
- artist's response
- Aircraft Accidents
- civilian suffering
- air raid / blitz
- Bomb Damage
- Cold War
- conflicts post-1945
- historical reference
- Military Personnel
- military suffering
- Nuclear Warfare
- aerial view
- concentration camps
- fire / fire fighting
- military buildings / installations
- Military training
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
(art) Made by: Nash, Paul 1942
Art.IWM ART LD 7226
image: a surreal depiction of a squadron of German aircraft flying over a sunlit cloudscape, accompanied by a huge flying shark.
(art) Made by: de Francia, Peter 1989
Art.IWM ART 16371
image: four soldiers lie and sit underneath a shelter made of camouflaged sheeting to the left, three of the men sleeping. The fourth, writing a letter, stares in disbelief at a figure on the right, who brandishes a skull taken from a basket that he...
(art) Made by: Keane, John 1983
Art.IWM ART 15598
image: a depiction of a bomber jet aircraft and helicopter in flight, with two flighless penguins in the lower part of the composition.
(art) Made by: Thrale, Charles
Art.IWM ART 15417 101
No description available
(art) Made by: Vézelay, Paule 1941
Art.IWM ART LD 7206
image: An abstract composition of coiled and twisted girders of all sizes.
(art) Made by: Roberts, William 1972
Art.IWM ART 6172
image: a group of British soldiers, dead and dying, lie entagled in a web of barbed wire before a German trench.
(private papers) Made by: Zinkeisen, Doris Clare 1981
Art.IWM ARCH 29
whole: autobiographical manuscript describing Doris Zinkeisen’s experiences during the Second World War, in particular references to Belsen and the images in the IWM collection. Four handwritten pages and a typed transcript.
(art) Made by: Timberlake, John 1999-05-01
Art.IWM ART 16968
image: A nuclear mushroom surrounded by clouds.
(art) Made by: Self, Colin 1966
Art.IWM ART 16100
Framed, mounted and glazed drawing.
(art) Made by: Self, Colin 2001
Art.IWM ART 16766
image: Two aircraft drop bombs over Norwich, the cathedral spire visible in the distance on the right. Flames can be seen coming from buildings. In the left foreground there are men firing an anti-aircraft gun, and a woman pushing a child in a pram.