Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Argentina AR
- Atlantic Ocean
- Falkland Islands FK
- Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Château Demont, Merville, Nord, France
- Dunwich Common, Dunwich, Suffolk, England, UK
- Dunwich, Suffolk, England, UK
- El Afuli, Palestine
- India IN
- Palestine (British Mandate and Occupied Territories) PI
- Western Front, First World War
- Falklands Conflict
- post45 Falklands War- 01/7(829)
- Battles of Megiddo 1918, Egypt and Palestine 1915-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Exercise Kruschen, Home Front, UK, Second World War
- First World War
- First World War & Alliance, Allied Powers & Poincaré and King George V, Meeting between & 1/12/1914
- postWW1 Germany 1919-38
- British Army
- Civilian Vessels, QUEEN ELIZABETH II
- Borrett, C A (Major)
- British Army, 190th Brigade
- British Army, 63rd Division
- British Army, 7th Duke of Edinburgh's Own Gurkha Rifles, 1st Battalion
- British Army, London Regiment, 28th Battalion
- British Army, Royal Armoured Corps
- British Army, Royal Welch Fusiliers, 15th Battalion
- French Army
- Indian Army, 2nd Royal Lancers (Gardner's Horse)
- Jones, David
- Kommunistische Partei Deutschlands
- Royal Navy
- Turkish Army
- Military Personnel
- trench / defences
- conflicts post-1945
- Military training
- military vehicles
- official recorder
- artist's response
- Bomb Damage
- civilian personnel
- military exercises
- military manoeuvres
- political campaigns
Charge of the 2nd Lancers at El Afuli : in the Valley of Armageddon, 5 am, Friday 20th September 1918
(art) Made by: Dugdale, Thomas Cantrell 1918
Art.IWM ART 2501
image: A line of Indian lancers charge at Turkish infantry across a valley, with high ground visible in the background. In the foreground two Turkish infantrymen lie on the ground as they are speared by two Indian lancers.
(posters) Made by: Unknown (Undefined)
Art.IWM PST 7849
Whole: the image occupies the majority. The title is partially integrated and positioned in the upper fifth, in white. The text is partially integrated and positioned in the centre right, in black, and in the lower right, in white. All set against a...
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward
Art.IWM ART LD 2899
image: a large landscape scene of military exercises on Dunwich Common. On the far left soldiers are seen constructing tank fascines and defences. Churchill tanks are in the centre of the composition with four tanks in the middle distance, one of which...
(art) Made by: Nash, John 1918
Art.IWM ART 1157
image: Three British soldiers shelter under a corrugated iron roof in an advanced post. Another soldier sits in the immediate foreground on sentry duty, looking towards one of the stacked rifles on the left, which has a small mirror mounted on the...
(art) Made by: Gaudier-Brzeska, Henri 1914
Art.IWM ART 15357
image: four soldiers standing to the left shoot at an unarmed man standing beside a wall to the right.
(art) Made by: Sargent, John Singer 1918
Art.IWM ART 1607
Image: Scottish infantrymen resting against the exterior wall of a shell-damaged building. The composition is divided between the view into the coach house, and the scene in the street. The hole blasted into the wall shows the remains of a carriage lying...
(art) Made by: Jones, David 1936
Art.IWM ART 15123
Image: Three British infantrymen stand and sit in a deep front line trench. The trench is thoroughly constructed, with duckboards along it and sandbags on the parapet. A few shattered tree stumps and barbed wire are visible on a small section of No Man...
(art) Made by: Kitson, Linda 1982
Art.IWM ART 15530 20
Image: An anti-aircraft gun manned by four men, who appear to be wearing shorts, outside the Perfumery Boutique on the shopping parade of the QE2.
(art) Made by: Kitson, Linda 1982
Art.IWM ART 15530 19
Image: A soldier stands by a line of tripod-mounted machine guns, set up as if for use. Behind him other men are seated at long tables. A decorative curved staircase of the QE2's dance hall is visible in the upper right with a soldier walking up the...
(art) Made by: Nevinson, C R W 1916
Art.IWM ART 5218
image: a view of a column of French infantry marching swiftly. They are distinctive in their red trousers, blue tunics and peaked kepis.