Search Our Collections
- Egypt and Palestine 1915-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Battles of Megiddo 1918, Egypt and Palestine 1915-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Salonika Campaign 1915-1918, Balkans, First World War
- Gallipoli 1915-1916, Dardanelles, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Palestine 1917-1918, First World War
- Second Battle of Gaza, Battles of Gaza, Egypt and Palestine 1915-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- British Army
- British Army, Egyptian Expeditionary Force
- IMPERIAL CAMEL CORPS
- Australian Army, Australian Light Horse
- British Army, 24th Battalion, London Regiment
- British Army, 5th Cavalry Division
- British Army, Army Service Corps
- British Army, Imperial Camel Corps
- British Army, London Regiment, 1/20th Battalion
- British Army, London Regiment, 2/20th Battalion
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps
- British Army, Royal Engineers
- Imperial German Army
- Military Personnel
- Land Warfare
- military buildings / installations
- Bomb Damage
- Medical services Agriculture
- military engineering
- military vehicles
- motor vehicles
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1918-08-01
Art.IWM ART 1594
image: a view down a street in Jericho. There is a large shellhole in the ground in the immediate foreground and a shell has just fallen to the right, causing a large cloud of dust, earth and smoke. To the left is a British transport column of horse-...
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1917-09-29
Art.IWM ART 1441
image: a desert landscape; on the left a train on a railway track and seated figures, on the right mounted figures, tents and sheds.
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1918-03-26
Art.IWM ART 1548
image: a landscape view of Royal Engineers working on the construction of a temporary wooden bridge across the River Jordan. In the right foreground several men finish the job on the near riverbank, even while a procession of loaded camels moves across...
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1917-07-11
Art.IWM ART 1438
image: a view of an Imperial Camel Corps patrol in the desert, seen from the perspective of the artist's position on the back of a camel. The camel's head and neck is in the immediate foreground. Further in front are several soldiers mounted on...
The Mark of the Navy : the bridge over the Wadi Hesy Deir Seneid. The hole was made by a 12-inch shell fired at a range of over 9 miles.
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1917-11-13
Art.IWM ART 1509
image: a view of an arched bridge crossing a wadi in a desert landscape. There is a large shell hole on the road of the bridge, with military vehicles driving across the dry riverbed itself rather than going over the bridge, and a few men walking over...
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1918-09-19
Art.IWM ART 1555
image: two large columns of Australian cavalry stream down the gentle slope of a hill. The column to the right is preceded by a soldier on a motorcycle and horse drawn carts, while the front of the left column is shrouded in a cloud of dust. An...
part of "MINISTRY OF INFORMATION FIRST WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Westmoreland, George (Photographer) 1918-09-30
The Battle of Megiddo, September 1918: The remains of Kadem Station, a terminus of the Hejaz railway, which was set on fire by the retreating Germans and Turks, 30th September 1918.
part of "DENING R (MAJOR GENERAL) COLLECTION" (photographs) 1918-09-19
The Battle of Megiddo, September 1918: Turkish transport and prisoners near Mejdel.
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1917-09-19
Art.IWM ART 1585
image: a view into the Wadi Ghuzze with British transport in the foreground. In the centre a large group of grazing horses are clustered tightly together with an organised line of wheeled carts next to them. In the distance to the right is a narrow...
(art) Made by: McBey, James 1918-04-08
Art.IWM ART 1536
image: a column of soldiers on horseback has halted on a river bank in a largely flat landscape near Jaffa. The horses are clustered on the right, with some soldiers, all dismounted, interspersed between them. One horse is at the water's edge. There...